1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nailed to The Cross

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by wopik, Feb 5, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God said in Mark 2:27 that His own "Sabbath day was Made for Mankind". But notice the language He uses when He "makes it".

He selects the day. He defines the 7 day week bassed on that selection. He "blesses AND sanctifies" the day He selects.

Also notice the "because" that He gives when He exaplains why the day is Sanctified and Blessed by Him? It is the same reason He gives in Exodus 20:8-11

What do you do with the day/days you select?

In Christ,

Bob

2. wopik

wopik New Member

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The author raises some very good points! Thanks for the link.

4. wopik

wopik New Member

Eliyahu

Hi, Eliyahu.

1 Cor 16:1-2 -----

This speaks of a collection for the poor saints at Jerusalem who were suffering from drought and famine. They needed FOOD, not money. Notice Paul had given similar instructions to other churches.

To the Romans, Paul says, “But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. For it has pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia [where the Corinthian Church was located] to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem…..When therefore, I have performed this and have sealed to them THIS FRUIT, I will come by you into Spain” (Romans 15: 25-28).

“And when I come, whomsoever you shall approve by your letters, THEM will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem. And if it be meet that I go also, they [more than one] shall go with me” (1 Cor. 16:3-4).

Apparently, it was going to require several men to carry this collection, gathered and stored up, to Jerusalem.

http://www.abcog.org/basics8.htm