1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NASB is it sound or not?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by baptist4u, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

I don't intend to read it because as I have said in the past I believe you will not accept truth and teach heresy . My bible tells me to cease from listening to that type and to reject them scriptually as I have done with you.Bye

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

So why did you ask for something you did not intend to read?

Your belief is wrong. I have accepted truth and am willing to accept any that you offer. That is why I asked you the question. Can you show from Scripture (the believer's authority) that you are right?

You haven't rejected me scripturally because there is no scriptural reason for rejecting me. There is only continued stonewalling about the "truth." If you have the truth, then tell us where in God's word to find it. I will gladly submit to any truth you can show me from God's word.

For real this time???

3. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

You cannot see the truth and that is why you reject it. [personal attack deleted]

[ March 01, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Bob 63 ]

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

But it's not for lack of my asking you to show it to me. It is only becuase you have yet to show it. Please feel free to show me this truth using Scripture. As Scripture is my authority, I will believe it.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

KING JAMES AV 1611,
    Do you have to be so insulting in your replies? For months I have read over and over your snide replys to almost every post you have encountered. In reading the New Testament it is difficult to find anyone associated with the truth who is as offensive as this.

The Lord Jesus is pictured as a man who did not compromise the truth, yet he understood how to communicate without constant anger or sarcasm.

Paul stood his ground, as far as the truth is concerned, but nowhere does the Scripture record his demeanor as being full of hate.

I cannot help but look past this crusade for the KJV you are on and see that you are a very angry young man. I suspect that this anger is a direct result of the type of preaching you surround yourself with. Perhaps it is time for you to consider finding a church that understands that "God is love."

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so Steve? Are you accusing falsely again? You don't seem to think proof is important in any matter do you?

To clarify for you once again, I accept the Bible as supremely authoritative. I accept the KJV as a faithful translation of the Bible and therefore supremely authoritative in everything it says.

However, I reject the unfounded opinions of you, Ripscripture, bibledeceivers.com, Ruckman, Gipp, et al. You accuse others but it is you that is so dogmatic about a belief that is neither scriptural nor historical. It is you that accepts the authority of your own emotion based opinions above all other authorities.

How do you know Steve? By what means did you come across this incredible insight? If you actually knew my Pastor or my co-workers or my fellow church members or people in my town then you might see how truly false your statement is... if your pride didn't blind you to that also.

Yes, we do.... but mine teaches something about being a false accuser and bearing false witness. How about yours?

7. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

If you say so, Steve. :rolleyes: You are by far the most arrogant and rude poster I have seen here on the BB. And for your info, I have 29 complete KJV Bibles, so I do have at least one. There is by far a greater authority than me, God Almighty. And I have His Word as well, which is my rule of life here on this planet. I would like to see where I said that there was no greater authority than me. Will you please show me? If you can't, then please take back your blantant lie about me. Just because I don't use biblebelievers.com as my final authority as you do doesn't mean I don't have a final authority. I just manage to use my brain that the Lord gave me to see the lies perpetuated at that site.

Neal

8. dan53

dan53 New Member

What would happen if we spent our time and energy on winning people to the Lord instead of arguing about something that has no end ?

If was good enough for Peter, james and John, then its good enough for me !

Tired of the some ole rhetoric...... [​IMG]

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Dan, want to be wakened when its over? [​IMG]

HankD

10. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Terry,anything like your NASTY pm you sent to me?
    I don't sneak around doing things behind peoples back like you do. Don't come on with the holier than thou,I know better.

11. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

There is just no being at peace with you Steve, is there?

I sent you a follow-up PM in which I apologized. I did not write the above post in order to be "holier than thou." I simply want to know if it is possible to have a discussion with you without all the hatred? Really, I just want to know if it is possible to communicate with you on a rational level?

12. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

You "guys" and I use the term loosely can't take what you dish out! I have read your posts slamming Ruckman,Riplinger,Gipp, etc and as soon as someone turns it on you you go crying"I'm offended.Call me what you like you are not smart enough to make me mad.You see I have the peace that comes from having the true word of God the KJV.As for ignoring posts that show error in the KJV there are no errors so I treat your comments and ignorance just like I do the DEVILS.

13. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

There was no follow up pm with an apology Terry.You sent your nasty pm to me from a thread that you were not involved in just to vent and now I have called you on it publicly.I will do the same with any future pm's from you as well.

14. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I "slam" those people because of what they say and how they behave. Your statements aren't based on anything but your hateful attitude and bias.
    All this wisdom and modesty too... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [​IMG]
    The only way you can believe what you just wrote is if you are completely and totally blind on this issue. I doubt you even read most of what is presented against KJVOnlyism because of a very real fear that we are right. It that fear is not present then why do you not read posts?

15. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Well, can you honestly before God say that you have actually read ALL the materials available these people have put out about the KJB in order to justify "slaming" them?? Or are you just "aping" what someone else said about them?
    Interesting;I will always maintain that the reason most poly-versionist will not admit they are wrong about the KJB is the fear of ridicule from their peers more than they fear God, Hell, Death,or the Judgment seat of Christ.

16. Harald

Harald New Member

2 Timothy
    3:1 And know thou this, that in the last days grievous times will be at hand!
    3:2 For the men shall be self-loving, money-loving, presumptuous boasters, arrogant, blaspheming, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    3:3 Without affection to kindred, implacable, slanderous, incontinent, ungentle, void of love for what is good,
    3:4 Betrayers, headlong, having been besotted with pride, pleasure-loving rather than God-loving,
    3:5 Ones having a form of godliness, yet having denied the power of it through contradiction. Be thou turning away thyself also from these!
    3:6 For from among these are the ones entering into the homes, and captivating the foolish women having been ladened with sins, being led along by divers lusts,
    3:7 Ever learning and never being able to come unto full knowledge of the truth.
    3:8 And in what manner Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, on this wise also these are opposing themselves to the truth, men having been utterly corrupted in the mind, reprobate concerning the faith;

These scriptures came to mind as I just quickly browsed through this thread. If anyone isn't ashamed I cannot but lament.

Harald

17. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I have not read "ALL" of their materials nor is that what I said. I base my criticism on quotes, their writings, and in some cases their own words. Have you read all of what Westcott and Hort wrote? Or James White? Or even Pastor Larry? Unless you are proposing a double standard, you shouldn't be criticizing "poly-versionist" either. Even that made up term is implicitly derogatory.
    First, it is very careless of you to make an unbiblical doctrine a matter comparable to "God, Hell, Death,or the Judgment seat of Christ." Contrary to what many KJVO's seem to think, the Bible doesn't establish the use of MV's as a sin much less a test of spiritual condition.

Secondly, I have always attended churches that used the KJV. If there was going to be any peer pressure it would have been toward KJVOnlyism. I believe what I do because of what I believe the facts of the matter prove and in spite of peer pressure.

18. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Yep.Have you??
    Yep.
    Nope.I did not know even he had a book published.
    But associating a Bible believer with a made up term "ism" (like Mormon "ISM") is not derogatory? But dont think it bothers me to be called a "name" I am not that "thinned skinned."

19. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am closing this thread as it has, once again, turned into a meaningless dogfight. Those of you whom I consider responsible for promoting this rancorous dialouge will be contacted via PM.