1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nascar on Parade at Dover

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Did you get to watch the Kyle Busch Lovefest 400? If not, you didn't miss much. After a pretty good race at Charlotte, the racing at Dover was pretty much non-existent. However, that didn't stop the Fox crew from saying dumb things or kissing Kyle Busch's butt. Yeah, I said it.

12:54 PM
    Joey Logano is the future of JGR? How can he be the future there when they already have 2 young guys driving for them right now? He's a part of the future of JGR, but he's not The Future of JGR.

12:55 PM
    To the surprise of exactly nobody, DW picks Kyle Busch to win the championship. I was surprised that Hammond, who's obviously become the voice of sanity on Fox, picked Junior.

12:56 PM
    I just realized this is Fox's last race. This is excellent news.

1:06 PM
    Smoke: "You don't get a body like this from eating salad." :laugh:

1:12 PM
    When Larry says that the driver doesn't get to relax here, it leads me to wonder if he's saying that other tracks on the schedule does let the driver relax. AFAIK, there is no track the drivers can relax on, nor should there be, which leads me to believe that what Larry said is just a way to fill the airwaves and really means nothing.

1:13 PM
    What a useful interview with Greg Biffle. I'm so glad DW talked to him. We really learned a lot about the race. *insert eyeroll here*

1:17 PM
    So, Kurt Busch messes up in T2 and DW is making excuses for it. If Turn 2 is so tough, DW, how come nobody else had the same problem that Kurt did? Maybe it's because nobody else overdrove it.

1:22 PM
    I have to say that I expect to take a nap today. I think Dover races are some of the worst on the circuit.

1:24 PM
    And here's one reason why, because of wrecks like this one. I hate Dover.

1:25 PM
    Why is Denny Hamlin not standing on the brakes there? Stupid. Junior was well in front of Hamlin and was able to slow down.

This is where Denny Hamlin looks like a fool for that crap he spewed after last week's Nationwide race at Charlotte.

1:30 PM
    I'll say it for you, DW. What Denny Hamlin did was stupid.

I've said this before, but nobody has worse on-track "luck" than Junior. He did the right thing in slowing down and stopping, then gets his car wrecked because of somebody else's stupidity.

1:35 PM
    Hamlin: "These cars just don't slow down."

Gee, Denny, Dale Junior slowed up just fine. How come you didn't?

I don't think my comments here do it justice, but this wreck made me angrier than I've been all season.

1:36 PM
    Denny, go watch the tape of Tony Stewart taking responsibility for his mistake. Tony stepped up and took responsibility like a man.

1:53 PM
    You mean Biffle didn't get out first because of his pit stall?

1:53 PM
    Junior clearly had a very good car. *sad sigh*

1:59 PM
    I could comment on the "report cards" they're giving out, but, really, who cares? It's just a way for them to fill air time and is completely meaningless.

2:30 PM
    And the Kyle Busch Lovefest continues. Blah blah blah. Kyle Busch in an F1 car makes me laugh though. How many Top 5 finishes do you think Kyle has on a road course? Guess how many road course races they run in F1? In order to make it in F1, it seems like the drivers have to be arrogant jerks and Kyle does seem to have that part mastered, so maybe he really could make it.

2:33 PM
    Speaking of Ralph Macchio, featured in the new Carl Edwards commercial, can somebody explain to me how he wound up with Elisabeth Shue in Karate Kid? From The Sports Guy

2:39 PM
    117 laps into this race and doesn't it feel like it's been going on for hours? Did I say that I hate Dover?

2:45 PM
    Awesome. Fox is done broadcasting races, but I can still get Digger stuff!! Awesome!

3:08 PM
    How about that? It only took 170 laps to get a green flag pass for the lead.

3:14 PM
    Here we go with Kyle Busch Man Love.

3:47 PM
    Ok, so Carl Edwards' crew chief thinks the track is going to tighten up. What does that have to do with not putting 4 tires on?

3:48 PM
    Great. More Kyle Busch Fawning.

3:58 PM
    Now we're comparing Kyle Busch to Tiger Woods?

DW actually compared Kyle to arguably the greatest golfer of all time. What in the world is he smoking? Man, I'm glad Fox isn't doing anymore races this year.

3:58 PM
    Apparently realizing how stupid that sounds, DW then compares Kyle Busch to Big Brown.

Look, you guys, I know that you don't read this stuff for the jokes. In fact, I really don't know why you read it in the first place, but I like that you spend some time reading what some Idiot in Illinois has to say. But, even somebody like me recognizes the comedy here. And, I have to say, it's too easy. I mean, why take the easy joke, right?

Ok, I'm taking the easy one.

I wonder what end DW was referring to.

4:06 PM
    You mean somebody's catching the great Kyle Busch? Inconceiveable!

4:31 PM
    Take one parade at Dover and add a generous amount of Kyle Busch Butt Kissing and this might be the worst race of the year.

4:43 PM
    According to Mike Joy, Kyle Busch has brought something to this season. What? How to be a jerk? I didn't think Nascar was missing that.

4:48 PM
    Dick Berggren: People are going to be talking about Kyle Busch and this season for decades to come.

Oh come on. Good golly.

4:51 PM
    DW, you're biting your fingernails over whether Kyle's going to win? :tonofbricks:

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that an announcer on a national sports broadcast should be impartial. For example, when I listen to the Chicago Cubs on radio, Ron Santo is a local broadcaster and he's a homer. Which I don't mind. A local broadcaster is supposed to be a homer. But, when I watch a baseball game that's being broadcast nationally, I shouldn't be hearing Joe Buck cheering on the Cardinals. DW's fingernail biting over a certain driver winning is like hearing Joe Buck cheer on the Cardinals. It's highly unprofessional.

Remember how I couldn't stand listening to Rusty Wallace last year? I'd rather listen to Rusty Wallace than DW.

And think about the great Ned Jarrett. The only time we ever heard Ned doing such a thing is when his son was about to win the Daytona 500. In 1993, Ned felt so bad about not being objective that he tried to apologize to Dale Earnhardt for what he did on the last lap of that race.

I'd almost guarantee that DW isn't embarrassed in the least for openly rooting for him to win. I complained about this in 2006 when Darrell first did it during Junior's win at Richmond. It was unprofessional then and it's just as bad now.

4:52 PM
    DW (on Kyle doing doughnuts): Nobody does it better.

*another sad sigh*

4:52 PM
    As they go to commercial, we can hear DW cackling about Kyle winning.

This is just painful.

4:54 PM 6/1/2008
    I don't usually stick around for post-race and I see no reason to start now.

I sincerely hope that Wally Dallenbach brings some sanity back to the booth. I'm 100% certain that he won't be kissing Kyle Busch's butt like DW has been all season.

It's possible that DW has become the worst broadcaster in Nascar.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jimmy Spencer and the Wallace kid are worse IMO. But I like Rusty.