1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

National Council of Churches and World Council of Churches?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by FundamentalBaptist02, Sep 18, 2006.

1. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Are you saying that only Southern Baptists or only Fundamentalist Baptists or (substitute the group of your choice) have the truth?

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Wow! Are you kidding? Is that all people like you can say when faced with the truth?

Obviously there are many churches that preach the gospel and their people are saved. But there are many churches that are sucked into the WCC and NCC and are deceived.

Check these out: www.fundamentalbiblechurch.org/tracts/fbcwcc.htm

www.jpost.com/servlet/satellite?cid=1148287842710&pagename=jpost%2fjparticle%2fshowfull

www.geocities.com/nccwatch/

Why are you so concerned with what I think about baptists? They are and have been some of the only ones that take God's Word for what it says. They are a warning beacon to the world. A standard bearer and keepers of the faith. Are you saying that is wrong? (bearing in mind that there are alot of churches that shouldn't bear the name baptist)

To answer your question, Churches that are involved with the WCC, NCC, are ecumenical and or charismatic do not hold the truth of God's Word in high regard. If they did they would stand on it and obey it. Most of the crowd I mentioned think they can lose their salvation also. Alot, not all think salvation has to be maintained. That is a works based salvation and if you believe that way, you may want to read the bible again.

3. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Quoted by Gold Dragon: You are welcome to that interpretation of ecumenicalism which I am aware of. I do not agree with it from careful interpretation of the scripture. End quote

Why don't you agree with it? What is this CAREFUL interpretation of the scripture you are talking about??? Where do you EVER see God sacrificing truth which makes us free for unity. No where! It isn't there.

Your idea of ecumenicalisim could only be valid if God's truth were held to the highest standard. So stop your nonsensicle double talk. Take responsibility for what you are involved in. But don't reject the truth!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soulman
    If you are for it, you have no love for the truth. The NCC and WCC sacrifice truth for unity. In the true unity of the bible, Jesus desire is that we be as one even as He and His Father are one. That my friend involves truth.

Quote: While I do think that true unity involves truth, the word truth isn't in the passages about unity that I quoted. Not to say that isn't important but I just keep hearing that from folks as if they are quoting something.End quote

How can you even argue this point? Do you see how foolish you sound? GOD's TRUTH isn't only important, it is the only thing that matters. If God lied to me or said something in His Word and let it be ok not to respect it in the church He established, I would throw the whole thing out the window.

God's truth sets us free. Without the confidence and the drive to keep it pure we have nothing. Does that make us perfect? No. We still have trouble with being in agreement in all things. But we at least must be willing to stand for the truth as revealed to us through the scriptures. Your fatal mistake is discarding the truth as unimportant for the sake iof unity.

God will send you a strong delusion that you will believe a lie.

You will heap to yourselves teachers having itching ears, ever learning and never comming to the knowledge of the truth.

4. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

When faced with what truth? Yours? I'm interested in joining with other Christians against the Prince of Darkness. Which side are you on?

5. Soulman

Soulman New Member

The key phrase is Christians S&N. If you are a member of one of those two groups you have picked the side you are on already. It aint the Lord's!

6. Soulman

Soulman New Member

bump, bump, bump