1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

National Debt

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by preachinjesus, Apr 21, 2010.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Okay, I'm not affiliated with any political party but this is crazy.

I was reading yesterday that the size of the federal national debt is set to increase by 250% between now and 2020. The total debt load will increase from $7.5 trillion to $20 trillion in that time.

The economist using this stats noted that there has never been, historically documented, an increase in the debt load of this magnitude of any country.

This is just plain insanity. We really just need to ask everyone in Washington to resign, sign statements saying they will never hold public office again, and bring in a whole new crew of people. We need a complete system overhaul.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On that we can agree

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I agree with you!!! But the problem is so much buys votes. As I was taught in college some give the credit to Long form La. but more saw it in action with FDR, and southern democrats in the late 40's and 50's on getting military bases in their states and politicians from all over on pork bills getting money back home. Then it got real big like FDR with LBJ and it has grown.

These folks for the most part only care only about getting reelected or I should say most. Most of our problems could be taken care of if the politicians would do what is right and don't worry about buying votes. Our borders wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for votes and most of our other problems. 15 years ago I could go into plants in NC and everyone spoke English or southern, now there are plants that I have to find someone to speak English, see a problem.

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Yea, it's hard to believe that this recent National debt insanity was started by none other than George W. Bush, who led people to believe, when he was a candidate, that he was a fiscal conservative. One of the biggest disappointments for true conservatives and smaller Gov't types ever. Like I told someone the other day, Bush drove one of the greatest economical vehicles in the ditch and threw the keys to Obama. Then Obama, instead of going to the repair shop, took it to the demolition derby, and we see the continued and escalated ruin of it.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

The increase of national debt parallels the increase of personal debt. If the voters are not smart enough to elect people who are smarter than they are . . . .