1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

National Geographic reports on Davidic archaeology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by BobinKy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

National Geographic is not at the top of my religious magazine list. In the past National Geographic has published critical articles of Christianity--a fact that makes it hard for me to embrace the magazine since I am a person who believes the Bible is God's inerrant Word.

But I must confess that I read National Geographic and watch the NatGeo channel because my secular hobbies include nature, geography, and astronomy.

Around Christmas and Easter, National Geographic usually publishes a religious article in their magazine and airs religious programs on their television channel. And this year, the December 2010 issue delivers the cover story David and Solomon: Kings of Controversy by Robert Draper, with photographs by Greg Girard. The subtitle for this article reads "Was the kingdom of David and Solomon a glorious empire--or just a little cow town? It depends on which Archaeologist you ask."

If this holds any interest for you, click on the above link, read the article online, and post your comments here and online at National Geographic.

...Bob

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very interesting article. Thanks for the link.