1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

National Sword of the Lord Confernece

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by IFBChristian, Dec 23, 2005.

1. IFBChristian

IFBChristian New Member

[​IMG] Hello! This is just a friendly reminder to all that the Sword of the Lord is having their National Conference July 24-28, 2006 at Walkertown, North Carolina. If you haven't been to one, I recommend it. Last year was my first time and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Amen!!! And don't forget to mention the regional Ladies Jubilees (if you are a lady of course [​IMG] )The first Jubilee will be in April in Murfreesboro, TN.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been to a lot of SOTL conferences in my day--but not here in Japan. :(

Also been to a few Ladies Jubilees--to park cars. :cool: In one in about 1977 in M'boro, Dr. Rice decided to have a time of prayer for all those ladies who wanted to have babies but couldn't. (He did that often, both individually and in Ladies Jubilees.) By that time he was in his 80's, and sometimes didn't speak so clearly, so ALL the ladies stood for the prayer. He prayed, "Dear Lord, I pray that all of these ladies standing will have a baby in 9 months." From what I hear, there was an immediate massive sitdown in the auditorium--grandmas, old maids, teens, ladies with 10 kids already...! [​IMG] When I was on deputation in the 1970's, quite a few ladies informed me that yes, they had a baby just 9 months after Dr. Rice prayed for them.

4. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

I've never got to go to a National Conference but try to make it to the regional one in Erie,PA every August. I always get blessed at it:)

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Charles.

My Dad was from Erie, PA! He was an independent Baptist pastor who preached the Gospel for 60 years before being incapacitated from Alzheimer's and going to Heaven several years ago.

God bless.

6. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

Thats great, What church did he pastor, I might have heard of it or visited it before.

7. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dad never pastored in PA, but in IL, TN, WI, CO, NE, GA.