1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nationwide Independent Baptist Fellowship

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by FBCPastorsWife, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless I am mistaken, he is referring to the book The Unbound Scriptures - A Review of KJV-Only Claims and Publications by Rick Norris. I have the book, have read the book, disagree in part with the book, and would not sell it in our college bookstore.

I would, however, recommend Touch Not the Unclean Thing: The Text Issue and Separation by David Sorenson. He offers a very balanced position of the text issue and is not KJV-Only in the sense that Norris presents in his book.

2. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As was evident in his successor's view on repentance. I was on staff at WHBC when Dr.s Vineyard and Hutson had their letter writing campaign with one another relative to the repentance issue. Dr. Vineyard's assertion was that Dr. Hutson was not taking the position that Dr. Rice had taken.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a very privileged upbringing, spiritually speaking.

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the information, Pastor_Bob. I've not read Norris' book and so can't comment on it. I do have Sorenson's book and it was a good read. However, as I'm sure you know from previous interactions, I believe that virtually none of those writing books in the States (including Sorenson) about the Bible translation issue realizes the difficulties and challenges in this area on the mission fields of the world.

I'll stop there on my pet peeve lest the esteemed FBCPastorsWife is saddened at a highjacking.

God bless. :wavey:

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know what, even I don't take some positions Granddad did! He wasn't real happy when I decided that the church didn't exist in the OT. :eek: :smilewinkgrin:

But getting back to the OP, now that the conference is over, how did it go?

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

If you love good ol' edifying prreaching you'll love Dr. Joe Arthur. I've known him for years and heard him preach many times.

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Was Jesus a bodiless Head?

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Uh, uh.