1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course as a Spurs season ticket holder I am bias but I do think the Spurs will win another championship this year. I would have picked them against the Bulls until they choked and slid to a 5th seed. I like the Raptors team as well and nobody is talking about them. But in all honesty I have no clue who makes it out of the East but I will go with the safe pick of the Pistons.

By the way, anyone around this area I have spare tickets for every playoff game...

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If this year goes the way it has so far for me, the Cavaliers will make it to the finals, blow a 20 pt. lead to Dallas with 3:00 left in game 7 to finish runner-up.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Two words:

DEEETROITTTTT BASSSKETBAAALLLLL!!!!! :applause: :laugh: :thumbs:

That will get the Pistons haters stirred up. :laugh:

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have heard several folks say this same thing. They felt the Bulls were going to make the finals if they were the 2 seed, but now that they are the 5 seed they do not have a chance.

I disagree and think they have as good a shot as anyone to come out of the east. They maybe seeded #5, but they are not the 5th best team in the East!

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I guess I don't get why the Bulls are automatically discounted just because they lost their last game and fell to a #5. If they can beat 'em as a #2, why not as a #5?

Finals pick
    Spurs over Bulls in 5

6. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The main reason is now they have to go up first against the defending world champions. And now that the playoffs are here you know that Shaq and Wade will come to play...

7. PastorSBC1303

If the Bulls were going to make it as a 2 seed they would have had to more than likely dealt with the Heat at some point. Again it makes no sense why one game turns them from contenders to chokers...

I know a lot of folks expect the Heat to make a run in the playoffs. I just do not see it this year. Shaq is getting old. Wade is coming off a painful injury. I just don't think they will have enough gas in the tank to make it this year.

8. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bulls are looking good, but the Heat have been down 2-0 before including to Dallas last year in the championship I think. It isn't over yet.

The Spurs are struggling as well against a much improve Nugget team. I still think they get by but not as easy as I thought it would be.

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

After 2 games - it looks to me like Houston will easily beat Utah, Phoenix is all over the Lakers, San An has a tough matchup against Denver - Denver is an athletic quick team that gives San Antonio problems - but I think that the Spurs prevail. Dallas has its hands full with golden state - but golden state proved that they have short fuses, and get frustrated when their main guys cant get the job done. The Mavs seem to have solved Nellies anyone but DIrk defensive scheme, and if stackhouse continues to perform well the Mavs will win easily.

Second round - Phoenix and San Antonio in a war - as badly as San Antonio matches up against Denver, I think they match up well against Phoenix - I think spurs in a tough seven.

Dallas vs Houston - as a mavs fan, this one scares me - Yao and T Mac. this one will be a war - Dallas in a tough seven

Dallas matches up well against Spurs, not so well against Phoenix - Dallas in seven against Spurs, Phoenix in six vs dallas

Eastern conference - who cares, whichever team that comes out of the east loses in six

10. PastorSBC1303

That is the same thing people said last year....

11. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Wow

that was quick - but yea, some of us just never learn! The reason that I think it goes six is because the western teams will be so beat up after playing each other :)

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Agreed. Why is there such a facination of all things Western Conferance?

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Righttt... Six games and Pistons are champs again.:laugh:

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Because top to bottom, the Western Conference is better. The Finals don't exist to crown the best conference, but the best team.

Happily, that team won't be the Pistons. :tongue3:

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The western conference teams dominated the eastern conference teams in the regular season - I did a quick and dirty on the top 3 western conference teams vs eastern playoff teams. Dallas was 10 and 2, san antonio was 10 and 4, phoenix was 10 &2 - that is 30 wins and 6 losses vs the eastern conf playoff teams. Against the "best" in the east Dallas split with Det, Chi - beat everyone else 2& 0, San antoniolost 2 to Chi and Cle, swept everone else, Phoenix split with Det and Chi, swept everyone else. Miami, Tor and Net did not beat any of the big 3 in the west.

I could have been wrong on a couple of these - as I said, this was a quick and dirty look - but it does show western conf domination in the regular season

16. PastorSBC1303

The West dominated the East in the regular season last year too.

IMO, the Pistons and the Bulls are the two best teams in the East and they both have a shot at beating whatever team comes from the West.

The Bulls have beat each of the top 3 West teams this year and I think their style of play will give any of them some matchup problems.

I am pulling for a Mavs and Bulls Final...

17. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, last year was a fluke IMO.

If the East wins I will shave my head, but then again I keep my hair pretty short to begin with, LOL...

18. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I originally picked a Spurs and Bulls matchup but I later changed it to a Spurs and Pistons one...

as long as the Spurs make it i am happy.

19. PastorSBC1303

The Spurs have a good shot of making it IF they can get past Denver.

20. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I am pulling for a Spurs Pistons final. We have some unfinished busines!
    It great that basketball is fairly popular here in Argentina. I can catch some of the playoff games on TV. (That is when I am not practicing my spanish).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.