1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No, that's not according to me. I judge best teams by a number of things, including record, but not exclusively record.

I do think the best team in the West is SA. Let's bump the Cavs and Spurs out of the Finals and put them in. That's the reas

Nope. they are the two teams playing for the championship. That doesn't make them the best teams. The two best teams are probably Western conference teams. In fact the three or four best teams are Western Conference teams.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Whatever you say. I'm sure if the Pistons were in the Finals they would have been one of the two best teams...
    If the Cavs beat the Spurs...they will be world champions...but not the "best team"? Give me a break...

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No, as I said, the Pistons were probably the third or fourth best team. The best teams were in the West this year.

That's the nature of tournament play. It is not a guarantee of finding the best team, but the team that wins. Sometimes those are the same, and sometimes not.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you are World Champion...you are the best team.

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Its on tonight! Dont see how Cle wins more than two games - of course I thought that deet would win in six as well.

I think it all depends on how much "respect" bron bron gets from the refs. If he is given a parade to the free throw line - dwade style, cle has a great chance. plus if he is on the line alot - it means that most likely duncan and bowen are in foul trouble, greatly reducing the NBAs best defensive team to merely an average defensive team

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't see the Cavaliers winning tonight. Too much experience by the Spurs...shock and awe by the young Cavs...and home court for the Spurs. Sunday's game would be the one, IMO, that would be winnable. If we can just get one in SA, we are back home for three. To win this series, I believe the Cavs will have to win twice in SA.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree webdog.

I know you are excited to have your team in the finals. Enjoy it! Hopefuly over the next few years we will have a good rivalry between the Bulls and the Cavs in the East.

I am pulling for the Cavs!

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Going with the Spurs in 6 on this one. Sorry, webdog.

9. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the atmosphere was awesome last night inside the AT&T Center, but I don't think either team played all that great. I think a lot of it was rust and anxiety and I expect the play to be better for the rest of the series.

Should we star a new thread, "The NBA Finals"?

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I say start a new one only if this one is closed because of a page limit.

Reading the Sports Guy's running diary of game 1 this morning and he made a great joke and I think everybody here will like it.

At 6:39pm (PT), Sports Guy writes:

:laugh:

Edited to add: Simmons quotes Jeff Van Gundy on Varejao: "You know the first English word he learned? Flop!"

#190 ccrobinson, Jun 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2007
  11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

:laugh: That is funny stuff....both of them sure do got the flop down

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I didnt think anyone could out flop Manu!

The problem that NBA players have, is that in order to get an offensive foul called, they have to hit the floor. this leads manu to dropping when a strong breeze hits him (how he handles a windy day in San Antone I have no idea)
    The NBA needs to school the refs on what an offense foul is, and start calling Ts on flops for delay of the game.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, the game went like I figured it would. Hopefully they have the awe factor out of their systems and are ready to play some ball Sunday. I hope LeBron starts to get a little selfish. It's almost like he's waiting for the double team so he can pass.

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

{Personal attack deleted} What if Ducan and Parker get hurt. Cleveland wins the championship. WHO IN THIS WHOLE WIDE WORLD WOULD GO AROUND SAYHING THAT CLEVELAND WAS A BETTER TEAM! Noone would. Detroit fell apart and most people, comentators will still argue that Detroit has the bettet team. Like Larry and others have said the best team does not always win! I have been trying to stay out of this but you brought my name up again. I remember why I quite taking precious time up here on this board. {Personal attack deleted}

#194 Timtoolman, Jun 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    During their recently completed playoff series it is indisputable that Cleveland was a better team than Detroit. And in the world of the NBA how the teams played in their playoff series is all that matters.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They must be all in Detroit...because I haven't heard this. You Detroit people sure take losing hard. :)

The team that wins is the best team in that series...PERIOD. Regardless of "what if's" or any other scenario you put forth.

Using your line of thinking...the Marlins and Braves didn't win the '97 and '95 World Series respectively...as it was clear the Indians were the best team! Give me a break...

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

{Response to personal attack deleted}

#197 ccrobinson, Jun 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Moderator's Note

Folks, this is a FELLOWSHIP forum. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. End of story.

Also, I dropped the ball in that this thread should've been "broken" into Playoffs, Conf Finals, and NBA Finals as seperate threads, the way we do the NCAA tourney, the way we normally do other playoffs. Since the NBA Finals is only one game old, and this thread has gotten chippy (not to mention, reaching the 20 page limit), I'm going to issue the 24-hour notice for this thread. However, I'm creating a new thread for the Finals.

Thanks for understanding.

19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Reprise the theme song and roll the credits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.