1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I dont know - they had a great regular season team, beat most everone they were supposed to (except golden state :) ) didnt lose to the playoff teams much either. Avery showed that he was a very good coach - we used to say great, but Nellie really has exposed him.

In the NBA it is tough to really change anything, excpet the coach. Avery has had a great relationship with cuban, but cubes is a results oriented guy. If he keeps avery, and I think he will, we will see more front office meddeliing in the future. Cuban, may start tring to bring in guys that he thinks will make a difference, no matter what avery thinks - more volume shooters (that worked well last time!)

I think as far as Nellie is concerned, this is the biggest seriese that he has ever been in - cuban still owes him 6 million $$ in deferred salary that he (cuban) is refusing to pay, in local interviews he just shoves in one knife after another into cuban - all in good fun of course!

I joked about being on triple suicide watch, but you folks should hear the talk radio around here - for an example go to the ticket website 1310 am in dallas. those boys are going absolutely nuts!

AF guy - I wasnt including san antonio - the only pro football you guys get is the cowboys and the Aggies in college - not that you didnt try to get the Saints! Youve got the Spurs and as long as you have Duncan, you will be great in BB. I still think the Mavs would have taken the spurs, even after this disaster. The mavs match up very well against them - but we wont be able to prove it this year :(

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both GS and SA still need to win one game each and I don't hear any fat ladies singing yet...

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Dirk scores 30 - Mavs win, barely. Down by 12 with 3 min to go - Dirk hits a 3, the mavs play d - for one of the few times, dirk hits another 3, dirk blocks a shot, devin harris drives, scores and is fouled, misses free throw. Mavs play d, dirk gets fouled, golden state loses their composure - Jackson get thrown out AGAIN.

ONe thing you can say about golden state - they are poor losers.

You can look at the ending of this game in two ways - GS had the series wrapped up with 3 min to go. How does this affect their psyche - do they say, hey we came back from being down 21 and we can beat these boys anytime we need to - and we are going home. or do they say oh my, we had the series won and now the pressure is firmly on our shoulders to win at home - and they commence to choke.

GS put on the 3 pt clinic until the last 3 min - when they tried to bleed time off the clock and made too many passes. I think that GS wins thursday night, Nellie is in thier heads, if they continue to shoot the 3 the way they have been, the mavs dont really have an answer - and I will be bleary eyed again on friday!

ONe last obeservation - when a Mav drives the lane, there is carnage. There are at least two and usually three players sprawled out on the floor. The Mavs have not yet committed a hard foul on a GS player driving the lane. Baron Davis needs to know, that there are no free passes the rest of the series if the Mavs are going to have a chance to win. Dirk needs to take his shot every time he gets the opportunity, team work is nice in the regular season, but during the post season, the star has to step it up!!

4. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Game 6 should be fun to watch...

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NBA Playoff Predictions???

Suns, all the way!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SA will take out the Suns in 6...

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Spoken like a true prophet! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Golden State better close out Dallas tonight, because there is no way they go back to Dallas and win game 7 after being up 3-1.

I think the Suns and Spurs is going to be a great series and I see it going 7 games with either team winning.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Or a 1-900 psychic :D

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Detroit over Chicago in 6. Playoff experience and depth win the day.

11. PastorSBC1303

Miami had playoff experience and it did nothing for them.

The Bulls have just as much depth as the Pistons.

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

True regarding playoff experience, but Miami had old talent. The Pistons are younger, fresher, and faster. Deng will not be able to play like he did because Prince will slow him down. Detroit actually plays defense, somthing Miami did not do very well. The Bulls will have a tough time. Plus Detroits bench is just a bit deeper I think with Delfino, and McDyes (splg?).

Anyhow it should be a good series, this is a good matchup.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm thinking the Detroit / Chicago series and the Spurs / Suns series may be better than any Finals series.

14. PastorSBC1303

But they are not younger, fresher and faster than the Bulls.

True, Prince is a good defender and is going to limit Deng. But if they focus too much Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, and Nocioni will get them.

I am not so sure about this. Bulls bench is rather deep too, they have 8-9 guys that can all play in their rotation. Duhon, Thomas, and Sefelosha.

It is a great matchup. Two of the best executives in the league as well battling again in Paxson and Dumars.

15. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would love to see a Suns/Bulls finals rematch, yep, I'm predicting that. :praying:

16. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bulls looked pretty bad in game 1. This is the reason I changed my prediction of a Bulls Spurs final to a Spurs Pistons final. I was afraid that the Bulls would be exposed in this series and even though it is just one game I think the Pistons move on fairly easy.

17. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

DEEETROITTTT BASSSKETTTBAAALLLL!!

And the Pistons bury the Bulls!!

What was that I heard about the Bulls bench being deep? And 23 turnovers. ouch.

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

They were tonight.

Not tonight! Nocioni had nothing!

Tonight the Bulls Bench was nowhere to be found!:thumbs: :thumbs: :laugh:

If this is any indacation of how the rest of the sieries will go, then it looks like the 1980´s all over again.

DEEETROITTTT BASKETBAAALLLL!!!

19. PastorSBC1303

No doubt, the Pistons crushed the Bulls tonight. The Bulls played horrible.

However, it is one game. The series is far from over.

20. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Is it too late to change my pick of the Bulls in the Finals? When was the last time a team got waxed like the Bulls did, but still made the Finals?

Chicago, thanks for showing up, fellas. Loved having you over. We have some lovely parting gifts for you.

Good grief. :tonofbricks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.