1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I guess it is the Spurs alone that will represent Texas...

The Rockets along with McGrady and Ming choke again and what were they waiting for to foul at the end? They would have had like 8 seconds left instead of one second.

2. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a game between the Spurs and Suns. I barely got to finish it before I left for church.

Nash was a bloody mess but he but abig mark on Parker's forehead.

GO SPURS GO!

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I'm back - was out of town for a few days - saw the Mav final loss in of all places Houston. They love dancing on any grave Dallas has down in Houston, unfortunately for them, the next night they went lame against Utah - ah well, guess I will have to root for the Spurs the rest of the way. I think they will win in 6 - sorry AF Guy, my predicting a win may spell doom for your boys!

Loved last nights game - two tough teams going full at it for 60 min - doesnt get any better than that.

I would not be suprised if GS beats Utah, unless they think they have already won the championship by beating dallas and dont show up - or start missing 3s - I dont think I have ever seen a display of 3 pt shooting like the warriors put on against Dallas - or allas as it were.

At least I dont have to worry about staying up to late for awhile!!

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

So far it looks like the Bulls forgot to show up for this series. At least last nights game was better than the first one. Chicago's backcourt will have to step up if they expect to win a game at all.

I am changing my prediction from Detoirt in 6 to Detroit in 5 because I just don't see the Bullls overcoming this challenge.

Go Pistons!!!! They way they have been executing defnese and offense echos of the Championship year. If they keep up this intesity no team will stop them.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Yep no doubt.

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I'm tapping the brakes on the bulls demise - at least for the time being - I want to see how they perform on the home court. If they can figure out a way to take two at home and go back to detroit tied, they will have a chance. Granted, detroit has just killed them so far - but to really take control they need to win one in chicago

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Suns looked great last night - putting Kurt Thomas on Duncan freed up Stoudamire. Great strategy by the suns, we will see how san antonio adjusts for the next game.

I dont think San Antonio took the game as seriously as they should have last night - the had already stolen a game in PHX and now have home court - of course that all changes if PHX wins one of the games in San Antone

8. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spurs do have a tendency to play lazy sometimes. You would think this wouldn't be the case with a well coached veteran squad but I have seen it many times this year.

But, the goal was to steal a game in Phoenix; Mission Accomplished! I will be there at the AT&T Center cheering them on for games 3 & 4

GO SPURS GO!

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better cheer loud cause the plan now is to steal 3 & 4 on the Spurs home turf. GO SUNS!!! :laugh:

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

So have they taken control yet?:laugh: :laugh:

11. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

That would be a big YES - I only got to see a bit of the first half - the bulls were looking pretty good, but they could never shake the pistons. The question now is can the bulls even win one at home - detroit is looking stout. Once they get past the bulls, with plenty of time to rest up, I dont see them having many problems with Cle, even though bron bron is playing very well.

Who do you think will be detroits opponent in the championship - Spurs or Suns? My money (mythical) is on the spurs and the series with detroit will be a good defensive series. Spurs should win it all!

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I will am looking for a Spurs Pistons rematch with Detroit winning in 6.
    Its payback time!!!

I gues the Pistons beat the Bulls so bad in the first two games that they had to spot them 19 points before they started playing for "real" again to win last night.
    I would hate to be bulls fan at that game last night. What a way to have your hopes dashed.

13. PastorSBC1303

Yep the Bulls are finished.

The Pistons are clearly the better team.

The Bulls showed a lot of improvement from last year and finally won a playoff series in the post-Jordan years. Hopefully next year will see even more improvement.

I expect to see a Spurs and Pistons final rematch too, and should be a great series.

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

There will almost certainly be improvement, if for no other reason than the fact that this is a pretty deep draft. They're going to get a player who can help them immediately.

15. PastorSBC1303

And thanks to the wonderful trade of Eddie Curry to NY, we have a lottery pick this year. I know the chances are slim, but how about Oden or Durant in a Bulls uniform next year?

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Frightening :eek:

17. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Lets say boston gets the first pick - what do you think about dirk to boston for the #1 - and then take durant or oden? known quantity, but a bit soft for an unknown - but possibly great player?

18. PastorSBC1303

Thats an intriguing possibility, but I just cannot see Dallas giving up on a league MVP. I am also not sure if I am Boston or any other team if I am willing to give up the first pick in the draft for Dirk after just watching the playoffs.

On another note, the dunk tonight by Baron Davis over Kirilenko was one of the best dunks I have seen in a long time!

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Sorry, Jimmy, but this is craziness. Boston tanked the season for a chance to get Oden. No way on earth they would do this.

20. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just got back home from watching the Spurs triumph over the Suns and what a game!

I don't think they will steal one on Monday night either...

GO SPURS GO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.