1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The atmosphere was awesome last night at the AT&T Center and the Spurs advanced!

Unfortunately, 3 of the 4 potential upcoming games in SA will be played on Sunday and Wednesday so I will have to sell my tickets.

#101 AF Guy N Paradise, May 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2007
  2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Unless the spurs lose total focus - wake me up when this series is over. Utah is younger and may in a year or two be a contender, but right now, they are a pretender. The Spurs should win in 4 or 5 and be very rested for detroit in the finals. I tuned into about 10 min of yesterdays game, and couldnt take it.

The NBA has got to redo how they do the playoffs - they should reseed every round - like hockey (see what great ratings it get hockey :)

I am still mad at the NBA for allowing san antonio to instigate the incident with phoenix and then suspend phoenix's second best player!

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I know the Piston fans will disagree with me, but I dont see anyone beating the Spurs right now. They are playing too well and seem to be on a mission to win another title.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

They would only need to reseed the 2nd round. No need to reseed the conference finals. :smilewinkgrin:

Just kidding, Jimmy, I know what you mean and I completely agree. The winner of the Spurs-Suns series was basically for the West Conference title once the Mavs were taken out.

:laugh:

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Believe or not I agree SBC. I don't think that it is impossiable for the Piston's to beat the Spurs but it will be difficult. In other words I see the scale tip in thier favor but it would not take much for things to go wrong and the Pistons win. Or the Pistons hit a little zone in their game and carry it for 4 games.

6. PastorSBC1303

Oh the Pistons could get on a roll and win it, I just don't see it happening. I do see them handling the Cavs pretty easy. I think the 2 best teams in the East already played. But of course I would love to be wrong :)

#106 PastorSBC1303, May 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2007
  7. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya'll need to quit saying that the Spurs are the team to beat. I am still worried about this Utah series and it is far from over...

8. PastorSBC1303

Of the four teams left, I would actually like to see the Jazz win the title. I have always liked Jerry Sloan. He deserves a title.

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I'll let you know when you are wrong! :laugh: :thumbs: It was a ruff night for the Pistsons so that is one wrong. They did not win tonights game easly. At least not in my opinion.

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Cle played well - just dont think they have enough weapons to beat Deet

Deet only had rip playing in the first half - that will allow them to beat Cle, but the spurs will take it to them with that kind of performance.

I like San Antone - but I think they are the most boring teams left in the playoffs - sorry AF Guy!

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Really? If Donyell Marshall had hit his wide-open 3, the Cadaverliers would have won. I think they have a good chance to beat the Pistons.

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

IN all honesty CC do you think they have the weapons Detroit does?!!! Yeah Detroit played one of the worse or thee worse game this season but lets be real. Cleveland has JB and we have Rip, Chauncy, Prince, Sheed and a better bench. What is your thought process or logic for saying that? I think your hate for the Pistons is overpowering your senseses.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think that if Marshall had hit the 3, they would have won. I'll grant that it's only one game, but it should tell us something about the weapons that each team has.

Why does it seem like it's always how Detroit played that determined the game, but it never seems to be how the competition plays against them? Maybe it's just my perception, but when Detroit loses, or nearly loses as in Game 1, it's always about how Detroit played a bad game rather than what their opponent did to them. But, maybe it's my perception.

I think you haven't been paying attention to my posts this playoffs if you think that. After game 1 of the Bulls series, I pretty much wrote the Bulls off. The Pistons were clearly the better team.

My logic is based on the facts of Game 1. If the Pistons are clearly the better team, as they were against Chicago, then shouldn't they have mopped the floor with the Cavs? As it was, that was a 1 point game with the Cavs having 2 chances to take the lead and win the game.

I think game 1 showed us that the Cavs have the weapons to beat Detroit. That's not to say they will, but that they can. If the Pistons mop the floor with them in Game 2, I reserve the right to change my mind. :smilewinkgrin:

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

CC really even one playoff game a person could not declare Cleveland has as many weapons. I am not going to go tit for tat with you CC but I have yet to find a cleveland fan even say "they" have more weapons then Detroit. Actually both teams played bad. But lets put it this way, if Cleveland had beaten San Aton one game would you then declare they have more weapons or better players? Maybe its just me but it really seems over the edge to say Cleveland has more weapons with just one superstar and that is it. You have many more Go to guys in the piston lineup'

Enough said

Tim

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

What I could not believe, was that in game 1, bron bron reverted to his style of early in the season - and passed up his shot - which would have tied the game, and he probably would have been fouled. He beat his man, and the next man - a strong move to the hoop would have been a dunk - he was there when he passed the ball out for a three. Yes the three was wide open - but, I think I would rather have the sure two and probably force OT.

Bron bron needs another weapon or two in cle in order to compete for the title.

On another note - the pacific northwest will be fun to watch for the next few years as portland and seattle have the two top picks. I think oden to portland and seattle happily settling for Durant. Those two teams play alot, should be a great rivalry!

Anyone sheddding any tears for boston after they tanked the end of the season, then got stiffed by the lottery :)

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

No, actually, it's not enough said. You don't get to try and put words in my mouth and then declare the discussion is over.

Before I get to that though, I see 2 questions here.

#1, do the Cavs have enough to beat the Pistons?
    #2, are they equal to the Pistons in weapons?

After 1 game, the answer is a definitive maybe. I'm allowing that 1 game doesn't tell us much, but shouldn't it tell us something? If game 1 of the Bulls series established that the Pistons were head-and-shoulders above the Bulls, then game 1 of the Cavs series should establish that the Cavs have a chance to win the series.

Tim, you can stop putting words in my mouth. I did not declare, nor did I even imply, that the Cavs had better players or more weapons than the Pistons. I invite you to provide a quote of me saying such.

What I did say was that the Cavs have enough weapons to beat the Pistons. The evidence being used, a 2 point game where the Cavs had their chances to win, does not dispute that position. Regardless of how badly both teams did or didn't play, the Cavs had a chance to win, which tells someone not wearing Piston-colored glasses that the Cavs have enough to win the series.

Regardless, my guess is that the only way you're going to be satisfied with anything I say is if I put the Pistons up on a pedestal.

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

After game 1, Mike&Mike were talking about how, if Lebron goes for the shot at the end instead of passing it to Marshall, he would have gotten criticized for taking the shot rather than passing to a wide-open teammate. I think they're right. However, I think either decision, as long as it resulted in points, was a good one. Prince was right there with Lebron on that drive, and considering his long arms, I have no doubt that Tayshaun could've stuffed him.

Based on game 1, which is not the sturdiest ground I admit, the Cavs have enough to beat Detroit. However, should they get by Detroit, they certainly don't have enough to beat San Antonio. Well, unless David Stern orders the refs to give the same kind of treatment to Lebron that Wade got in last years' finals. :smilewinkgrin:

Well, I lost my fantasy season because they tanked the season by putting Pierce on the bench, so it doesn't bother me too much that they lost the lottery.

But, I was a fan of Boston because of Larry Legend, and I would have liked to have seen 2 teams in the East land those picks, say Chicago at #1 and Boston at #2. Because of how it fell, the power in the NBA will still stay in the West over the next few years.

I wonder what would have happened to Isaiah Thomas if Chicago had landed Oden because of the Curry trade?

18. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Now CC - I didnt need that reference to dwade - just brought up all knids of unpleasant memories!

19. PastorSBC1303

I think game 1 was just a fluke personally. I see Detroit taking the Cavs out in 5 games, but as we all know I would love for that to be wrong :)

I was so hoping the Bulls would some how jump in to the top 2 in the draft lottery for Oden or Durant. The deal for Curry was still a great work by Paxson. I have faith he will make some moves this offseason to continue the growth and development of this team.

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Nah not true. They are truely a team player type of team. They have been the running for the last five years and have a team full of guys that ANY team would pick up. They have beaten the Spurs but I don't think they have the talent to beat them. I just am not willing to make a statement on one game and rely on one player. The Pistons have proven themselves. cleveland has not yet. No, not rose colored at all CC just a realist, or more so then in the past ;). Maybe you should put down your hate glasses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.