1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 19, 2006.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Suns looked great last night. Where have they been?

Question 1: Will this series now go seven games?
    Question 2: Will the Heat win the series tonight?

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

The Heat will probably win and Shaq will be considered one of the great icons of pro basketball even though he contributes little during the regular season and comes to camp out of shape.

Saunders deserves to loose but the Piston's do not. The Mavs are still the better team in the West for some reason they don't quite grasp that fact. If the Suns had Amare playing I would not say that but they don't so I can. If Sauders is the primary reason for the failure of the Pistons then D'Antoni deserves the pat on the back for keeping his team in the fight. I know Nash has done alot but the coach makes the changes in strategy and in game changes.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It very well may go 7 games now. The Suns are a fiesty bunch of guys. But I just cannot see them going to Dallas and winning a game 7 coming off of two 7 game series already. But ya never know, that is why they play the games.

I would love to say yes to this question. But I think the Pistons will come out and play hard and get the win.

4. PastorSBC1303

Shaq is one of the great centers. He has been dominant over his career. People can complain about him and his moves in the paint all they want, but in the end he has been dominant and has the rings to prove it. Kobe would not have the rings he has without Shaq around.

He is not always in the best shape. But you look at how he has played this series and he looks pretty good to me. He may have not contributed as much this regular season as he has other times. But the Heat would not be where they are with out him.

I am not sure on Saunders. It sure seems he struggles to make adjustments and keeping the team all on the same page. But I think there is more going on with the team that we will know. It is obvious that Rasheed is not on the same page as everyone else. He sat on the scoring table the other game during a time out. If I were the coach and he did that he would find himself on the end of the bench for the rest of the game.

I agree that they are. I think they are suffering from a little bit of a let down after beating the Spurs. I think they will still get past the Suns and will have a great chance of winning the title.

5. PastorSBC1303

Wow Dirk put on a show tonight.

I think the crowd was right...

MVP! MVP! MVP!

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I have not enjoyed the Mavs Suns series nearly as much as the Mavs Spurs series, the tension is not nearly as great - for the most part it seems pretty clear about halfway through the fourth quarter who is going to win. Dirk is MVP, but Avery gets his motor running! I heard on the radio this morning that Avery has Dirk watching more film than he ever watched under Nelson. As a Mavs fan, we feel pretty good with a 3-2 lead and game seven in Dallas, but I think that if Dirk will come out with the same agression, that Dallas will win in six.

I actually think that for his body type, Shaq handles the regular season the way he should. if he came out and played hard all regular season, he would be spent in the playoffs - he has some age on him now. In the NBA the regular season is only slightly more important than it is in the NHL. That said - the Heat needs to win tonight, I dont think they win a game seven in Detroit - the detroit players will overcome thier sorry coach.

7. PastorSBC1303

I agree Jimmy, if the Heat are going to win, it will be tonight. If the series goes back to Detroit the Pistons will win it.

Speaking of the Pistons, where has Timtoolman been?

8. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

NBA Finals

Those of us in Miami have no trouble with the shape the big man has been in -- especially this year. He's been leaner and meaner this year more than the others.

I agree - if Miami is going to win, we need to win tonight. I was at Game 4 this past Monday (great game) & Miami plays well at home (though there were a few smelly Pistons fans there). Tonight, I'll be watching on TV like everone else.

Quick note -- D-Wade has the flu and missed the morning practice. He is expected to play tonight though. He's one of the classiest guys in the NBA. I would love to see him against Nash in the finals, though I doubt the Suns can win the West.

LET'S GO HEAT!

9. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Shaq attack

I know, give credit to whom credit is due, but it so hard :tear:

Okay Good Job Miami and Shaq but I really want to say bad job detroit.

10. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

NBA Finals

There's a reason why the Pistons shot 33% from the field -- good defense perhaps???, but they did miss a lot of open shots. You can't blame that on the coach.

You could tell D-Wade was not himself last night. Thankfully, Shaq and the rest of the team - especially Jason Williams and Udonnis Haslem stepped in.

Since we always hear about the bad side of players ... Haslem recently gave a high school senior a scholarship to college -- all round good guy.

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This came down to shooting. Detroit missed all their open shots. Miami could not have played any better. They are a good team, and Wade is very good. But everything went their way. When Jason Williams (who is just barely in the league) is 10-11, you don't have much of a shot against them.

I don't think Miami played great defense. In fact, they didn't really even play good defense. I was continually amazed by how many open shots they were giving up. Detroit had so many open shots that just didn't go in. Maybe the Heat figured out that they didn't need to play defense since Detroit couldn't shoot.

The dissension on the Pistons was huge. They beat themselves in this for lack of work ethic and desire. They have no one to blame but themselves.

12. PastorSBC1303

This was one of the biggest surprises of the playoffs to me.

Now the question is what will they do in the offseason to correct that problem?

Oh, and good to see you back around the board Larry. :thumbsup:

13. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't care for the NBA play-offs. They are too long.
    Faithgirl

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Probably get rid of Saunders. Maybe look into a few key free angents. I don't think they will fade though, the front office is good.

15. PastorSBC1303

You think they will get rid of Saunders after just one year?

I seem to recall you and the other Pistons fans praising Saunders earlier in the year for how he had helped the Pistons with their offense when they jumped out to that quick start.

What about Rasheed? Does the team just continue to allow him to play his games and throw his tantrums?

It is really sad to see such a talented player carry himself in such a manner.

But atleast this version of the Pistons stayed on the court and shook the hands of the Heat when the game was finished, unlike in the past. :)

16. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

SBC, it is not likely the will can Saunders at this point but if there is not a marked difference in team chemistry by mid December I don't believe he will finish the basketball year.

I believe (hope, fingers crossed) Dallas will manhandle Miami in 5 but we'll see I have not faired to well this post season. :tongue3: :tongue3:

17. Convicted by the Spirit

That is sure ... Finals start Thursday and game seven is two weeks later.