1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, even though I like the Spurs, I look for Dallas to come out of the west and though I don't like the Pistons... they will probably win the title.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

At least you see the truth. :D :D

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

My predictions for the first round:

Eastern Conferance:

Pistons/Bucks- Pistons in 4
    Bulls/Heat- Heat in 6
    Pacers/Nets- Nets in 5
    Cavs/Wizards- Cavs in 7

Western Conferance

Spurs/Kings- Spurs in 5
    Suns/Lakers- Suns in 6
    Clippers/nuggets- Clips in 5
    Dallas/Memphis- Dalls in 4

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I would agree with 4His except I see the Bulls and Heat possibly going 7, and I see the Pacers upsetting the Nets in 7.

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I think Chicago over Miami would be more likely. </font>[/QUOTE]quite teasing SBC!
    :rolleyes: [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG] ahh he aint teasin me, I dont think the Bulls will win the series. But I do think they can cause the Heat some problems and push them to 7 games.

7. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Kobe will rise to the occasion (whether it will be enough is yet to be seen) but I believe in the East you are grossly underestimating the Nets. I believe they are legit and with a strong, albeit not fantastic, bench.

Sac / SA should be a great series if the refs let them play.

8. PastorSBC1303

Kobe and the Lakers are not going anywhere but home to watch the rest of the playoffs. Kobe is a great player, but he is way too selfish a player. The real great players make others around them better and I have yet to see that from Kobe. Kobe rode the Shaq and Phil train to his titles.

9. PastorSBC1303

LeBron James looked awesome today with his triple double in his very first playoff game.

He is a great player that makes those around him better.

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Kobe and the Lakers are not going anywhere but home to watch the rest of the playoffs. Kobe is a great player, but he is way too selfish a player. The real great players make others around them better and I have yet to see that from Kobe. Kobe rode the Shaq and Phil train to his titles. </font>[/QUOTE]No, tell us what you really think SBC. Don't beat around the bush. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I agree. And he is learning to hit the open man when they double him.

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I agree. And he is learning to hit the open man when they double him.

13. PastorSBC1303

I will see if I can't do better [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

The question SBC is this, how can you say Kobe is not making the players around him better than they are? Can you put any other 2 or 3 in Kobe's spot and have the Lakers make the playoffs? I think not! How is it that Kobe shoots 30 times a game and he is selfish while Carter, Arenas, Dirk and others shoot 30 and are just great players? I think you have been listening to the Kobe smashers way to much. Have you looked at Kwame the last 30 games when did he play like that when his team mate was Arenas? Odom has underachieved since he has been with the Lakers but is now starting to come around. I agree that it would be nice if Kobe would pass the ball in the paint on his drives but how many times has he driven the lane passed off and seen the ball go the other direction because team mates could not finish in the paint?

How can you say in one breath Kobe is selfish and say in the next breath he has to elevate his game if the Lakers are to have a chance against Phoenix?

I would say the key to that series is Luke Walton (I do not like his father) if Walton can play 35+ minutes and average 16-5-5 at the 3 the Lakers can win. Obviously Kwame and Odom have to play like they have the last 4 weeks and Kobe needs to average 40-5-7.

Thanks for the feed back

thjplgvp

15. PastorSBC1303

When you see stat lines of 40+ points and zero assists it is pretty clear what is going on.

You put Lebron James in Kobe's spot and they are a better team because Lebron makes the players around him better. Did you see his stat line today: 32 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists.

Carter and Arenas are selfish players as well.

Dirk is not a selfish player. Look at his stat lines and the fact that he makes the players around him better as he has grown as a player.

Kobe is great. But he is not as good as he could be because he is too much about himself.

Very easily. Kobe is selfish. If he was not so selfish they would have a shot against Phoenix. If he was not a selfish player they would probably be a higher seed than 7.

If the Lakers are needing Walton to play big for them to win, they might as well go on home now. Phoenix is going to beat the Lakers in this series. The Lakers should start planning for next year.

16. Convicted by the Spirit

Pastor I could not have said it better my self.

Players like Gilbert, Vince, A.I. and Kobe are the reason we lost in the olympics this past time.

I like Luke Walton a lot. When he played at Zona he had a way of getting his teammates involed and played the entire aspect of baskeball. He is a very good player to have on your team. I am unsure why he is struggling with the Lakers. If his dad is calling a nba game I will usually turn the volume down or turn the channel.

17. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I stand corrected having forgotten that LeBron is a 3 I still think of him as a 1.

Statistically Lebron and Kobe are nearly identical. Kobe has 4 pnts/gm more while Lebron has one more rebound and two more assists. Would you agree that Lebron has the better supporting cast with Iggy, Murray, Hughes, Marshall, Gooden and Snow? Compared with Odom, Kwame, Mihm, Cook, Walton you get the picture.

I am not saying Kobe does not have weaknesses but I believe they have more to do with maturity and self confidence than selfishness he does average 4.5 A's per game 30th in the league LJ is 12th 6.6.

What I am saying is that he is a much better team player than people give him credit for. Could he be better? Absolutely.

One other thing I am old enough to remember Phil Jackson turning Jordan loose to show Michael he could not win it all even if he was the greatest player in the game. But Jordan found that scoring titles were not as much fun to have around V's and Gold BB's and I suspect that Kobe will also. We may see a new Kobe next year, one that drives the lane and sets up Walton for the game winning shot against the Cavs. hehehe

I still think Kobe is the MVP, realistically the Lakers should not have made the playoffs he carried them to where they are and if he is selfish for doing it that way I say that is why he gets the big bucks and we get to debate his character.

Have a great weekend, praise the Lord with all your heart and don't forget to root for Kobe and the Lakers at 12:30 EST

thjplgvp

18. PastorSBC1303

I think Lebron has the better cast around him, but it is because he makes them better.

There is a huge difference between Kobe's situation and MJ's. Jordan learned that lesson as a young player without any titles. Kobe already has some titles and has been deceived into believing that he is the major reason for those titles when in reality Shaq and Phil were a much bigger part of the equation. I do not see Kobe ever learning his lesson because of that fact.

There is no way Kobe is the MVP of the league this year. There are 4-5 better choices. But it is fun debating it.

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't know about Kobe not being the MVP. He pretty much carried the team into the playoffs. Jackson has worked wonders in LA as he somehow got everybody else to play hard even though Kobe shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots...

I'm not so sure that it's Kobe being deceived about his position, but more about Kobe not wanting to give credit to Shaq for anything. Kobe doesn't want to be Robin to Shaq's Batman. Problem is, without a great player like Shaq around, Kobe's not going to win anything but scoring titles.

BTW, I think Kobe's still shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting...

20. Convicted by the Spirit

[​IMG] [​IMG]