1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well the Piston took care of busness last night. Put a whoppin on em like they did the game the bucks won. Thing is the Piston shot 60% instead of the Bucks. Makes a difference.
    I had my doubts after RAsheed waved goodbye to the Buck fans after the last game. Those things have a way of coming back and biting you in the butt.
    If all stay healthy you know I have to go with the Pistons....wait let me take these glasses off.....yep, still the Pistons. Ain't going to be eays but no reason why they can't take it all.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

It won't matter who they put on Kobe. He'll score 50 and the Lakers will knock the Suns out of the playoffs. Lakers-Clippers. Could you have ever imagined those 2 meeting in a playoff series?

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I hope the Cippers would win that series if this is what happens. I still think the Suns can pull it off though.

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Not a chance the Clips can win a series against the Lakers. But I agree it would be a great series at least in the paint. Odom goes home and matches up with Brand (even), Kwame vs Kaman (even)Kobe vs Magette or anyone else (Kobe), Walton vs Mobley (Mobley) Cassel vs Smush (even). But first the blue and gold have to dump Phoenix in game six. The advantage is definately to LA in this game.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I don't see how you can say the Clippers won't have a chance. They are a good team. And the motivation to knock off LA's favorite team in the Lakers will be pretty strong.

I disagree with your assessment here. I think Kaman and Cassell have the advantage in both of these matchups. Kwame has looked really good against the Suns, but the Suns have nobody down low. Kaman is a very underrated player and I think he will get the advantage in this matchup.

Cassell, although perhaps the ugliest player in the NBA, is still a really good player and will get the best of Smush.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

LA will definitely have the advantage in the Lakers-Clips series. ;)

7. PastorSBC1303

Well the Bulls just finally ran out of gas in this series. It was a good year for them and they have a bright future I think.

If Shaq can play the rest of the playoffs like he did tonight the rest of the East better take notice.

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I was dissapointed in the Bulls. I think they could of and should have won. I don't think that Shaq is consistent enough to be a threat. Besides the Pistons have proven more than once that they can handle him without fear.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I don't see how you can say the Clippers won't have a chance. They are a good team. And the motivation to knock off LA's favorite team in the Lakers will be pretty strong.

I disagree with your assessment here. I think Kaman and Cassell have the advantage in both of these matchups. Kwame has looked really good against the Suns, but the Suns have nobody down low. Kaman is a very underrated player and I think he will get the advantage in this matchup.

Cassell, although perhaps the ugliest player in the NBA, is still a really good player and will get the best of Smush.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I agree. Its the playoffs and anything can happen. I don't think the Cips get enought credit. The Lakers better watch out.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

By the way- that is if the Lakers even make it to the second round! I am still sticking with my Suns pick!

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Two huge game 6s to tonight: SA at Sacramento and the Cavs at Washington.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but this has been one of best first rounds I have seen in a long time. With the expection of the Dallas/Memphis series and the Pistons/Bucks series, all the rest have been up in the air.

Who would have thought the Bulls would have played Miami so well, and Kings have given the Spurs a scare. Lets not forget the Suns and Lakers man oh man what a series.

12. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Amen, I wasn't sure about this new playoff format but if year one is an indication I am a fan of it.

Go Lakers [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

</font>[/QUOTE]I agree. Its the playoffs and anything can happen. I don't think the Cips get enought credit. The Lakers better watch out.
    </font>[/QUOTE]After checking Cassel's stats I have to agree in head to head matchups he has outplayed Smush in every category (I should have known that [​IMG] ) Though Kaman has the better stats for the year I believe that the adjustment Kwame has had to make to a new offense and players is the partial reason for this. A quick look at the last month including playoffs will show they are nearly Identical Kwame haveing the edge in steals and Kaman in blocks. [​IMG]

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wow, Cavs and Spurs win. This has been one dandy of a playoffs so far!

15. PastorSBC1303

It has been a great first round. I really enjoyed the Cavs and Wizards series.

I am now looking forward to the Mavs and Spurs and seeing LeBron and the Pistons. Will the Pistons come up with the LeBron Rules [​IMG]

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I will tell you right now I won't. I don't see it. However the whole world saw Jordon rules. I don't think the Cavs are going to be much of a challange for the Pistons. Lets see what the first game looks like sunday. As for the year, which you can't always use as a judge, they were pretty easy.
    I never seen such an ugly game for sometime as the Spurs and SAc last night. Both teams out of control, wild shots and crazy play. I think that is what the west calls "run and gun" style play. I thought they were competing too see who could turn the ball over the most times. Bring it on.

17. PastorSBC1303

I don't see the Cavs putting up much of a fight for the Pistons, but it should be fun to watch LeBron try to carry them.

18. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

It is fun too see if a defesive team can slow him down. Have to admitt him and Kobe are scoring machines. I am haveing a great time.
    I wondered if you were on SBC, the last post was a yank on yer chain too see if you was around. Are you root'en for the Spurs this year or Mavs?

19. PastorSBC1303

I am not a Spurs or a Mavs fan, but since the Bulls are out of it now, I am pulling for the Mavs. I like Avery Johnson and I think he has this team headed in the right direction. I think them and the Pistons in the finals would be a great matchup and probably a 7 game series.

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Spurs play off stats so far...
    FG 51.3%
    3FG 42.5%
    FT 78%
    T/O 12.8
    ave score 106.3

Pistons
    FG 48.4%
    3FG 43.7%
    FT 75%