1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Apr 18, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Go Hawks! At the very least they have exposed some HUGE flaws in the "mighty" celtics. They are not physical, don't defend the perimiter, don't have great depth and have no low post presence. The Cavs will have a couple extra days to scout both teams.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I guess I'll have to hope for San Antonio since the Nugents came a little short of victory. They barely missed it.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

They barely missed it? Getting swept is hardly the same thing as barely missing it.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well I guess the Pistons learned from their mistakes against Philly. They did not take it easy with the Magic tonight.

DEEEETTTTRRROIIITTTT BASKETBAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! The Celtics are really, really laying it on the Hawks in game 7 - up by 36 points at the end of the 3rd quarter.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's about time. This series should have been over 3 games ago.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ok, but at least they were consistent... :thumbsup:

You don't always see teamwork like that...

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Pistons advance to their sixth consecutive conference finals. Not bad considering only been done by a few teams and has not happened since 1990. Hows that for success?

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The Pistons haven't been this impressive since '04 and '05. The Pistons are very capable of beating either Boston or Cleveland in the Eastern Conference Finals.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wow you actually said something nice about them. Are you feeling alright?

I actually would rather see them play the Celtics. I feel they have a better chance than against Lebron.

Out west, I am surprised as the Spurs struggles.

11. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

4His-Glory,

Not always.

I am strong fan of Pistons.

James Lebron cannot do it all by himself, we know that. Pistons had learned the hard lesson from last year. Don't worry, Pistons' defense is too solid, hold teams' score only less than 90 points almost every games. Also, Pistons just finished the series yesterday earlier. It gives Billups extra times to be rest and get healing. I would like like to see Celtics/Cavs series into Game 7. So, it would give Billups more extra time to rest and healing. By the time the Game One would be next Tuesday. Billups will be ready and Pistons will be healthy. I am confident that Pistons can beat either Celtics or Cavs, because of good balance with offenseive and defense. I know Pistons can do it.

GO PISTONS!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

p.s. It would be nice to see Red Wings and Pistons both in the Championship game this SAME season. Huh?

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I try to call 'em like I see 'em. Sometime this is Ok with Mighty Pistons fans. Sometimes it isn't.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? Basketball is the most home court-advantage major sport and New Orleans has the home court advantage.

14. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Do not trust Spurs. Gregg Popvich knows what to do. I know Spurs can beat Lakers in L.A. They were supposed to steal Game 1, but, they blew out 20 points lead.

I am sure they will beat Lakers, possible in 6, not 7.

Spurs are a long time dynasty team. They had won Finals 4 times in last 10 years already. I would not be surprise, Spurs will beat Lakers in L.A.

Also, I am expecting that, Pistons/Celtics will be in a dogfight tomorrow night. I know that Pistons will fight and much more aggressive try to beat Celtics in Boston, because Celtics already stolen Pistons' home game. I am sure that Game 5 will be very tight and close game. I must watch it tomorrow night. I hope that Pistons will beat Celtics tomorrow night. So, Pistons can finish them this Friday at Palace same as what they did to Celtics in 1988 Eastern Conference Series. When they beat Celtics in gardens - twice! Can Pistons do it this series? Possible. Despite Billups' hamsting injury, I am sure that he's very stubborn and so determine continue to playing with his heart and focus.

Wait and see.

Also, probably many of you might not realize that no city in U.S. history, both major teams in same city win both Titles at same season.

I remember in 1993, Chicago has two teams - Bulls and BlackHawks, both are in championship series at same time. But. only Bulls won, and Blackhawks failed.

Also, in 1994, in New York, two teams - Rangers and Knicks were both in championship series at same time. Rangers won Cup, but Knicks failed in Finals with a close score in Game 7. I remembered John Starks did played great in Game 6 by shot many three-points. But, in Game 7, John Starks was obivously OFF, missed toooo many three-points. That why Houston Rockets won.

I wonder, anyone of you know what city, both teams did win championship at the same season?

Right now, Both Red Wings and Pistons are still playing. If Red Wings win Cup. Then, if Pistons win Finals. I think Detroit would become the first city ever of both teams win championship at same season in U.S. History.

I hope both Red Wings and Pistons win both same time this season.

GO PISTONS!!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Detroit didn't make the finals.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh yeah? ;)

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Well, I said they were capable of beating them, not that they actually would. They did look very good in beating lesser teams, and I called it that way. I mean, far be it from me to put a reverse jinx on them. ;)

I suspect Mighty Pistons fans would disagree, but the C's were the better team.

BTW, here's a quote you missed. ;)

On sports radio this morning, this question was posed.

Which set of 3 players do you like better, Kobe-Gasol-Odom or Garnett-Pierce-Allen? My pick is the Lakers because Kobe's the best player in the game right now. I'm sticking with my pick of the Lakers over the Celtics in the Finals.

Oh, and while I'm here, let me just say that the Chicago Bulls should pick Derrick Rose. Rose will make everybody else better, but I don't think Beasley's going to make a bunch of bad guards better.

#37 ccrobinson, May 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
  18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Looks like we're back to the old rivalry... Looks like it's the Lakers turn to win if History means anything... i got this off wiki so can't speak to the accuracy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakers-Celtics_rivalry

Year Champion Opponent Result

1958-59 Boston Celtics Minneapolis Lakers 4-0
    1961-62 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-3
    1962-63 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-2
    1964-65 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-1
    1965-66 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-3
    1967-68 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-2
    1968-69 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-3
    1983-84 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-3
    1984-85 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-2
    1986-87 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-2
    2007-08 0-0

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never thought I would say this, but...

GO CELTICS!!!!