1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Trades

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

AF Guy

you are right it was a great game. Did you find it a bit more than curious - as in WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING AVERY, when he did not have Jason Kidd in the game with 34 seconds left and the mavs down by 2??? Let me understand this, the mavs gave up a ton to get Kidd, at the press conf Avery says it is to have the leadership on the floor to close out games, and then Avery decides to potentially destroy his relationship with Kidd (and the rest of the team) by benching one of his best at the end of the game.

I am not saying the mavs would have won with kidd in the game, but if you watch that last drive that Terry made - you know the one where bowen blocked his shot. Dirk was standing wide open - if kidd had made the same drive, what do you think the odds are that he would have found Dirk.

I am starting to get off the Avery band wagon, his ego is getting in the way of the team I'm afraid. When Dirk was asked about Kidds benching after the game, all he would say was you are going to ask the coach - sounded more than a bit bitter to me.

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember that Avery's heart truly is in San Antonio, LOL We just retired his jersey here recently. He would probably be next in line if Pop ever decides to leave.

I agree it was a bad decision. Stackhouse was wide open in the corner and Kidd would have most likely made that drive and pass...