1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBC journalist: It's my job to see Obama succeed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Were you equally as outraged at Karl Rove, and his "informal" connection to the McCain campaign?

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/05/20/rove_fox/

http://www.newshounds.us/2008/06/03/colmes_identifies_rove_as_informal_advisor_to_mccain.php

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/05/07/rove-watch-newsweek-wp/

http://themoderatevoice.com/politic...p-campaign-staff-greater-karl-rove-influence/

I am not a Chris Matthews fan, but never saw him go out of his way to support Obama - no more than Hannity or Brit Hume did for the GOP....

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I would agree if I thought our disagreement would change his decisions. I hope he doesn't make that decision but I won't fault him until he does.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Rove is not in the media is he? Mathews is.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

They must have been opened minded at first since I voted for him twice. It was only when he betrayed every conservative principle on earth and starting spending money like a drunken sailor that most soured on him. It helps to know how to lead also.

6. Baptist in Richmond

Yes, and no. Different person - same point.

Oh yes he is, Pastor Larry.
    Rove is on FauxNews - regularly.

Again, I am not a big Chris Matthews fan, but he was no more biased than Brit Hume or Sean Hannity, or even Bill O'Reilly. Matthews never accused McCain of doing a "terrorist fist jab" like E.D. Hill did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcy5XS68_Bc

Hope all is well, Pastor Larry - praying for you and your ministry,
    BiR

#26 Baptist in Richmond, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How about Sean Hanity and Limbaugh? Do they qualify?

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wow did Sean Hanity show bias. I saw him holding up Pelosi's speech yelling at a Dem Congress person about why the first bailout package didn't pass one day then hand hold Palin through an interview the next. It doesn't upset me but it surely showed there was bias on his part.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Not watching Fox News, I have no idea as to his regularity, but I think he is on shows as an advocate, not as a host or a journalist. He and Mathews are entirely different.

Hannity and Rush are biased, but again they are not journalists as Matthews is supposed to be.

I don't watch OReilly either, but as I recall from when I did see him, he was an equally opportunity basher -- giving it to both sides.

But in any case, "they did it too" doesn't strike me as a particularly good argument.

Do I recall that you are moving?

10. Baptist in Richmond

Nevertheless, he is there. Usually there isn't any "balance" when he is on television. AND he was on Faux talking about the potential outcome if Ohio goes to Obama just as Brit informed him that Obama won Ohio.

Both of them would probably take issue with you on that one. I didn't mention Rush, as he very seldom ventures away from the safety of his program, where he doesn't have to deal with people who have the audacity to confront him.

He certainly went after Obama. I didn't see him doing the same to McCain with the regularity

Oh, I am not attempting to validate anything - simply pointing out that both sides are guilty.

You have a good memory, Pastor Larry. I am no longer in the Commonwealth, :)tear:) but don't want to change my name, even if I could.

Again, I trust that all is well with you,
    BiR