1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NCAA Baseball Regionals

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, May 29, 2006.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 64 teams and sites have been announced and I for one am looking forward to a very fun event that does not receive the press it should.

I have 3 teams in it to cheer for with of course Kentucky being my #1. I also have Hawaii and Texas, who I may drive up to Austin and watch the games.

Does anyone else follow college baseball? At least the college world series?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I will watch probably after they get to Omaha, but don't really pay too much attention beforehand.

3. Convicted by the Spirit

I will probably pay attention to what Rice is doing and a few sec schools. Have not really paid much attention since the 90's when LSU was tearing it up just about every year.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

NCAA Regionals

Love NCAA Baseball!! We get season tickets every year. It is one of the best sports bargains left.

I will be following closely - especially my two favorite teams --- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and the UM Hurricanes. The Jackets should go far this year. However, this is rebuilding year for the Canes. I'm surprised they even made to the Regionals.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'm an LSU fan...so of course i'm a college baseball fan!
    One of the things that bugged me the most when i lived in Louisville while in Seminary was that college baseball was a line item that sometimes made it to the bottom corner of page 5 in the sports section; if or when UL or UK made a brief appearance in the top 25.

As for this years tourney...Personally i'm shocked that LSU didn't even get a bid. They easily are one of the top 64 teams in the country...even on this down year.

I'm curious to see how much longer the powers that would be will allow Smoke Laval to stick around.

6. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, most of my teams got knocked out, but 4 SEC teams made the Super Regionals. I would like to see some new teams make the elite 8 especially CofC.

7. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Ncaa

The ACC has four teams in the Super Regionals (Baseball's Sweet Sixteen) and it would be great to have all four in Omaha.

Has anyone been watching the NCAA softball??

8. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, all 4 SEC teams can't make it there because GA and SC have to play each other. I think college softball is the best womens sport to watch; I find it entertaining.

By the way, it seems like some of my posts were taking away. Did anyone else notice a decrease of posts? I was pretty sure I was over 710 the other day but last night it had me only listed for 705...

Go SC and CofC...

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

AF, I haven't noticed that. Maybe you should PM a moderator or administrator and see if something has happened?

10. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only 1 SEC team made it through.

I am either for GA or Rice to win it all.

Oregon St or Clemson wouldn't bother me either...

11. Convicted by the Spirit

12. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

NCAA Basball

Four ACC teams are going to Omaha!!!

Unbelievable game by the U last night over Ole Miss. To come back from an 0-1 deficit and win two games in a row is amazing -- especially with such a young team (I think they have only three seniors on the team).

My guess is that Rice is the overall favorite. It will be interesting to see if anyone can knock them off.

13. Convicted by the Spirit

I watched the highlights today at lunch about the Miami and ole miss game. looked to be a great game to watch until the end.

:type:

14. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Is it just me or do you see more SEC/SEC match ups in the super regionals than other inter-conference match ups?

15. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

I think it's just you. The only one I remember was the UGA/USC game. Too bad USC lost. Ole Miss lost to the U and Alabama lost to UNC.

16. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

This is the first time I have really followed the CWS, but I have a distant relative playing for CS Fullerton.
    That was an awesome game they played yesterday!