1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NCAA Final Four

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Mar 25, 2007.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Final Four is set. Florida will play UCLA in one semi, a rematch of last year's title game, and Ohio State squares off against Georgetown.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    GO UCLA! I can't stand Florida.

3. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm... no Big 12 in the final four? And what about Dickie V's beloved ACC? Sounds like we need a congressional investigation.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Dickie V's "beloved ACC" ??

That ain't nuttin'!!

What about Billy Packer?? :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ohio State and Georgetown will be a good game. Both teams showed the ability to come back from large deficits.

I think Florida will handle UCLA. I'm hoping for an Ohio State / Floriday National Championship game. That would be something for both schools to be in the title game in both football and basketball. I'm hoping if OSU gets there, that we can avenge our football team.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I am routing for UCLA and Georgetown. I have nothing against OU, but I CANNOT stand Florida. If there is a Gator Buckeye championship, OU had better win. In fact I don't really care who wins as long as it is not Florida. :laugh:

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Just asking, why? I always pull for SEC teams when they aren't playing Florida and other Florida schools when they aren't playing Florida or another SEC team. If FSU is playing Miami, I go with FSU. With as many players out of Fl. and Ga. playing ball for the major schools, its hard not to pull for them, you saw them play HS ball, like to see the guys I saw play HS ball do well as they move up. I try and see as many HS games as I can.

I am happy when any SEC or Fl. teams wins a championship, I can't think of a team, which I can't stand. I get near that when I see how few players finish school.

#7 Bob Alkire, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  8. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two words: Joakim Noah.

I don't want to see his awful dancing and yelling anymore.

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Lee Humphrey of FLA, the real core of that team, is a good reason to root for the Gators. A Knoxville area product, he is a devout Christian who does basketball missions in off season. Buzz Peterson's inability to recruit him was probably his undoing at UT, although Dane Bradshaw turned out to be a blessing in Humphrey's absence.

10. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure having Peter, James, and John on the squad would make me root for the Gators.

I think they'll win, but I can't stand Noah's "celebrations."

"I made an inbounds pass! ARRRGH!!" *pounds chest*

[​IMG]

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Same here.
    I can't stand Joanna Kim Noah :)

Go UCLA! I don't care about OSU Georgetown. I don't like either team. I was hoping for Memphis to knock off the buckeyes.

UNC was the only 1 seed i wanted to win in the elite 8.

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Funny...I didn't see Noah do a lot of celebrating when the Vols waxed them in Knoxville last month :laugh:

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Noah is one of those guys that everyone would love to have on their team, but when he is on the other team people love to hate him.

There is a good article on CBS Sportsline regarding this past year of his life.

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Gator haters unite!!!

WE LOVE IT!!! The more folks hate 'em the better they play.

CHOMP, CHOMP, CHOMP!!!

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

So do y'all think the team with two "hosses" (Percherons) on the low blocks will beat the team with one "hoss" (Belgian) on the low blocks for the title? Or no?

As a farmer, one Belgian can out-do one Percheron, usually, but two? That's questionable.

Ed

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

No doubt the sound of all those three big horses in the paint, munching on their buckets of oats, after the games. :laugh:

Ed

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. This was the game I was hoping to see. While I think Florida will win, it will be a lot closer than the game in December, Oden's fifth college game.

18. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't like either team but OSU shouldn't even be there as they were given a gift from the refs versus Xavier and then from the TN team. I was at that game and when OSU was down by 20 I really thought it was over.

Oh well, win or lose Donovan will hold a press conference announcing he is headed to the bluegrass state and hopefully we will stop downsliding...

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I have serious doubts about Donovan going to Kentucky. On Mike&Mike this morning, Dick Vitale gave a very convincing argument about why Donovan won't be taking the Kentucky job. If he goes anywhere, Vitale thinks he'd take an NBA head coach job instead of going to Kentucky.

I'm going to be contrarian and pick Ohio State to win, not necessarily because of Oden, but because of Mike Conley Jr.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ohio State has as much right to be there as anyone. Oden has been getting hit light crazy with ticky tack fouls throughout the tournament, so I don't see any "gifts" being given out by the refs whatsoever. The refs have neutralized Oden, not the teams OSU has played.