1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NCAA Men's Tourney

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Mar 11, 2015.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is everyone ready for the NCAA tourney? Besides KY, who are the other favorites?

Also, if the NCAA does away with the one and done, will KY be able to continue to dominate?

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I think Virginia is going to be more dangerous than some people think. And you can never count out Gonzaga. As for a real dark horse... Georgia could scare some folks. The pushed Kentucky harder than several teams have pushed them.

With such a limited roster, it would be hard to do away with one-and-done in NCAA basketball. There just isn't enough room on rosters to include all the players coming up. Unless they expand rosters, which would limit playing time to some guys, then one-and-done will probably stay.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does eliminating 'one and done' seem un-American and unconstitutional? Does to me. And I don't particularly like 'one and done', but to me it's as American as apple pie.

And I like Gonzaga too.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Syracuse has absolutely no interest in the NCAA tourney this year.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I still don't expect UK to go undefeated, and I'm an avid UK fan...

I also think someone will saw their legs off during the tourney.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Agree about Virginia. I think they are the real deal and Final Four material.

For UGA, I think that's more wishful thinking. However, agree -- you did play UK close. Out of the Power 5 Basketball Conferences, the SEC is one of the weakest. Right now, only 5 SEC teams (out of 14) are being picked to go the big dance. Also, based on the bracket I've seen, UGA would have to get past Duke to get out the regional. Not likely to happen.

7. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Well, let me take back my UGA comment. As much as I would like Georgia to do well, they're matched up in round 1 against Tom Izzo's Michigan State team that is playing quite well at the moment. :BangHead:

As for a Final Four prediction, I like Kentucky, Arizona, Virginia, and either Duke/Gonzaga.

#7 PreachTony, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Wisconsin run has been insane. Looking forward to seeing Dekker in the NBA. Fantastic game against Kentucky. Not going to say Calipari got outcoached but Wisconsin made them play at their pace which is saying something. Hopefully they don't let their guard down against a very strong and well coached Duke team.

Part of me was rooting for the undefeated run though. It's always fun to witness greatness achieved so I feel for the UK kids. Definitely a tough loss. Great season for them all things considered.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Of all the times I had to be right....

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe bottom line Wisconsin's veterans proved too much for UK's young guys.

11. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you ask yours truly, Kentucky really choked down the line in the next to very important game.

Really wanted a KY and Duke game!