1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Near Death Experiences and the white light ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Mar 17, 2008.

1. standingfirminChrist

If you are referring to the Damascus Road experience, Saul was not dead. He was only knocked to the ground. He never left his body.

Saul recognized the voice of the Lord... how? Earlier in the book of Acts we have a clue.

The Apostles were seeking an Apostle to replace Judas. There were stipulations as to who could be named as an apostle. One had to have companied with the Apostles before the crucifixion and to have witnessed Christ after the Resurrection.

In 2 Corinthians 1, we see that Paul indeed is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. I believe he had seen Christ before the crucifixion. I believe he companied with those who followed Christ, so he would have heard His voice.

On the road to Damascus, he once more heard that voice and witnessed the light from heaven, Jesus Christ.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's a good example of somethings being "the mechanics" of shutting down and other things being supernatural.

In Steven's case - I am not sure that he was unconscious at the time of his vision.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Is it possible that Paul was the rich young ruler in Luke 18:18?

4. standingfirminChrist

It is possible, Palatka. The Word of God does not say. But it does say the Apostle had to have companied with the other Apostles before Christ's crucifixion.

I lean toward Paul being one of the ones who walked with Him no more in John 6:66.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

But I cannot say this is the case with all surety.

5. AAA

AAA New Member

I believe in "all raods lead to God" (and this is not a lie). From the bible it says that "it is appointed men once to die" and then the judgment. The one who will judge you will be the One who judges all...Everyone will stand before thier judge (GOD). All roads will lead to GOD, the road ("the WAY" or ways) that a person goes to GOD will end up with them standing before thier JUDGE (GOD) as a child of GOD or satan.

In short.. ALL roads will lead to GOD and HE will judge all people rather HIS children or the children of satan, this is not to say that all roads lead to eternal life...

If you can name just one person (born from the fathership of ADAM) that will NOT be judged by GOD, then you can rightly say that: "all roads lead to God" is a lie. So, here is my question: can you name the chapter and verse that says not all people will be judge by GOD?

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

to me (purely opinion) I could see that it is a "shutting down" of the brain and our conscious processes.

However, since God has revealed Himself through nature, it would stand to reason that people make that jump that they have seen "something."

Unfortunately, as in nature....some choose to pervert or reject what God has shown them.

This could be God's trying to get the attention of folks that by saying, "Hey, stupid.....what you've experienced in life ain't all there is."