1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Near Death Experiences

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 16, 2014.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

My bet is that you would buy it.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure he would....wouldn't you, John? I know you're a Star Trek fan and you like reading about the Bible. I'd give you the best of both worlds - and I'm taking pre-orders. :smilewinkgrin:

I don't know if you've ever ran into those type of people that firmly believe over half of the books ever written shouldn't have been because they only make people "stupider." I'm one of those types of people. My suggestion- if you have nothing to contribute (and self-expression as a motive doesn't count) then write in your journal. If you have something that needs to be said, you are qualified to say it, have the skills to be an author and what you want to say hasn't been said before...then write a book.

#42 JonC, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think the band who recorded come sail away beat you to it!

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Nope. Journey beat me to it. Styx did come sail away.

5. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Near death" is not "Real Death" The writer of Hebrews says that it is "appointed once to die and after that the judgement". This new phenomenon is against how the Bible defines death which is where the body and soul separate until the final resurrection.

I wrote a critique of Pipers "90 minutes in Heaven" and MacArthur has a great video concerning this issue

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Trying to wrap my mind around "near death" and real death. Is near death actually clinical death? If so, it is real death. Is there a distinction to you between "real death" and "final death"?

7. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Your comment is very confusing and unclear. No, Clinical death and near death are opposite extremes and ne'er the twain shall meet. Real death is final death.

Ok, from the top

Death is final in that there is no "coming back" Hebrews 9:27 says that "it is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgment". All of these people who "saw the light, heard angels singing etc" do not bear truth to real death but to "near death". Near death people can and do come back. True death is final as in funeral home and burial-clinical death as you say.

Yes, there are examples in the Bible where people did come back to life after they were truly dead, EX: Jesus, and Lazarus etc.

Near death is just that in that you "almost die but not really".

True Death is funeral home, burial.