1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nebraska State Senator Claims Cops Worse than ISIS!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 30, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nebraska-state-senator-i-meant-what/?page=all

First of all, let me say that I knew this man back in the day when I worked for the state of Nebraska Dept. of Social Services, and Lincoln County Social Services and the Omaha Girls Club (all but Lincoln County Social Services, were grants).

He was a rebellious community organizer back then, and hasn't changed a bit, just gotten more verbal and more racist in his views (he's so bad, he could give Al Sharpton a run for his money, but because he's an avid atheist, I assume that is what elevated Rev. Al to the top :smilewinkgrin:). And yes, he was a racist. He hated white folks, then, and it is evident that his hate has grown!

My first grant was one of five, issued by the DOJ to the Sept. of Social Services, and he ranted and raved because none of the five grants, dealing with Status Offender Youths, went to counties with a high population of blacks. Sadly, I admit this was true, but I nothing to do with where the grants ended up; I just worked on one of the five-county grants, and did my best to stay out of the political fire that raged on for the first few months of the grants initial setup!

So, his comments this past week did not surprise me, but I do not think it is good for a man in that position to be speaking such hate. And I wondered what you folks thought of his recent rant against cops? Furthermore, there is a move to remove him from the unicameral Congress. Do you support that effort?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I'd like to read his comments in context, and not the cherry picked quote in the article. Transcript isn't linked from the article and I don't have the time to go searching for it.