1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need advice before accepting church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ServingHim, May 24, 2007.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If he becomes a member of the church, and the church is not incorporated, he could be a co-defendant in a lawsuit and financially liable at the time of judgement. That's one way. There are others that are state-law dependent. But that's the way that jumps off the top of my head. Like I said, unfortunately, I have some experience in this kind of situation.

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Have you prayed long and hard about it? How does your family feel about the situation? Have you sought counsel from other pastors outside of that town? More importantly, the men who are still in leadership, is their reputation affecting the effectiveness of that church in the community?

From one pastor to another. God bless.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If they were lies then how was the liar dealt with. That would be something I would like to know.