1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

need advice

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by GODzThunder, Mar 6, 2006.

1. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

Recently, our Church has voted to allow a small korean group to use our sunday school facilities to hold their worship services while we are in Worship.

It has come to my attention that one of my Church members has been attending Sunday school regularly with us but is MIA during worship. I have found out that he has been asked by the korean group to watch over two children that are a little too "rowdy" to be in worship so they have asked our member to watch them. Several Church members, especially the choir (he is a choir member) have voiced concern over his neglecting worship. He used to be avid in visitation, church attendance, and choir. Now he is coming less and less.

Could you please give any advice you may have on what you would do if you had a similar situation.

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Help them form a nursery rotation maybe? And let some of your church people be on it. Then slowly rotate them out if they dont want to continue in that ministry.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Might be an "excuse". This fellow sounds like he might be burned-out a little and this gives him a good excuse not to be in the preaching or as active.

I'd have a talk with him. We had a couple of trustee/ushers who decided to count the money during the sermon. Had a speaker on so they heard it, but not the same. Drifted like the man you spoke of.

We helped them get some priorities right and not be so involved as to be "under pressure to perform" all the time. Relaxed, they fit back in with a much better spirit. And others picked up the slack.

"God is more interested in the man than in the ministry."

4. standingfirminChrist

You say he is a young fellow? Is it possible that he may be trying to impress a pretty korean girl? They are awfully pretty young women and a man's head can be turned.

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I would suggest you talk to him about it. See what is really going on before making any decisions.

6. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

I like Tatertot's idea. Nursery workers oftentimes never get to go to the worship service, but they provide a very important service. There was no such thing in the church I was in conception-5th grade. So I just played with Star Wars figures (I am dating myself there) in the pews. If I acted up, Dad would pick me up and take me out and have a little "talk" with me.We always sat in the back, I guess for the quick exit! (was a very small church)

With that said, if they are becoming more and more detached, then this might just be an excuse.
    At any rate, sounds like someone should talk to him first and see what the deal is.