1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need Help with a Question.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ephesians 5:21, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Ephesians 5:21

Ephesians 5:21 New Member

Our church is in a mess. There are some of us who want to be SBC, but some of us who lean more CBF. We are trying to find a GREAT childrens program that is exciting and fresher than RAs and GAs. The staff and deacons and church council have considered Awana, but are afraid that the theology and belief statement would cause a problem in the church among the members. That very well may be the case. Do you know of any CBF churches using Awana? I know it is common among the SBC churches. Is there any program out there that is more moderate? HELP?!

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm sure someone who knows more than I do will set this straight. But of what I know of CBF and having Awana in a few of the churches that I served in, I would say Awana are much to the right of CBF. But given time they could make moves as the YMCA and the YWCA have made and then maybe they would be closer but maybe then CBF would be to the right then.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's a few:

Dunwoody Baptist GA

First Baptist of Maryville TN

Southmont Baptist, Denton TX

Harrisonburg Baptist VA

Antioch Baptist, Scottsville VA

Thaxton Baptist VA

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

What do you mean by more moderate? Are you saying that you are seeking one that tones down the truth or tickles the ears a little? After understanding what you are seeking perhaps I can point you in that direction.

#4 freeatlast, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
  5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Before you go looking for new material, look at your people. Children's programs are only as good as the people you have leading them.

Just my two cents as a mother of four.

6. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

What is "CBF"?

7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awana can cause issues even for conservative churches who are not premillennial.

http://www3.awana.org/about/default.aspx?id=19

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    AWANA has been open to most any church.

In fact many military chapels use AWANA. Also many non-Baptist/Bible churches use the program. If fact, I think I saw a Methodist church using AWANA

CBF - Cooperative Baptist Fellowship