1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need homeschooling materials

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by TheBibleSender, Sep 6, 2011.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

We just found out that we will not be able to use some homeschooling material for our daughters computer which we had been counting on. Please pray for wisdom on what to do. We do not have even close to the amount of money needed to buy the courses. Unless anyone has an S.O.S. for 9th grade we could buy for a cheap price? God bless. :)

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wish I did. I'd send it on over. I have a ton of elementary stuff but nothing for high school since my girls went to the public school for 9-12th grades. Sorry!!

3. TheBibleSender

What kind of elementary stuff do you have. We have two boys in the second grade and might be able to use something for this year or the coming years.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have mostly Bob Jones (history, science, English, reading) and A Beka math (1-3rd grades). I also have a bunch of A Beka stuff I'd let go for media mail shipping costs. I just want a lot of that out of the house. :)

5. TheBibleSender

My wife says well gladly take whatever you would want to send. Our elementary kids use Bob Jones but we would take the A Beka stuff also. Let us know what you want and we can send you a check. God bless. :)

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's a big box. LOL

I'll list the Bob Jones stuff by the weekend so you can see if everything there is what you want. The A Beka stuff will go in gratis because some of it is the past edition and I'm not sure if you can use it or not. But the Bob Jones is all the stuff we're currently using so as we grow, we're packing up the old stuff. I still have the third grade stuff out because we just finished it last month! :) But I'll type everything up for you to pick through. :)

7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Let me look through my stuff. I use a variety of things including public school texts, but I don't remember exactly what I have for 9th grade. I'll look tomorrow and hopefully list tomorrow night.

8. TheBibleSender

Thank you very much. God bless. :)

9. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

What I've found:

Saxon Algebra 1/2 text and solution manual (2nd edition)

Paces (ACE) for English and Social Studies. Some of these have been written in but I have books 1085-1096 for English and books 1100-1108 in Social Studies/World Geography WITH score keys to match.

I don't believe these are complete sets, I think the first 4 books in each set are missing. These were given to me when we pulled our son out at the end of 9th grade so I didn't need full sets. It shouldn't be too expensive to buy what is missing.

You are welcome to any or all of it. (I'll need postage or you may have to wait until October 1 for me to send it)

In a couple of months I'll have a public school set of Glencoe/Merrill Physical Science books (student and teacher) But we are still using those at present. Our public school does Physical Science out of sequence in 10th grade instead of in 9th like most schools do. :rolleyes: