1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need Some Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, May 17, 2012.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The other night I was on a Link Referral Service and ran across the website of a young woman from India.

Underlined is the e-mail I sent to her;

I just came upon your site through Link Referral dot com as you had wrote a review on my site. From your comments you seem to have a really good outlook about life and yourself. That's good. So many teenagers here in America have attitudes and that only takes away from their otherwise age of having fun and enjoying life.

May I ask what your spiritual beliefs are? I am a Born Again Christian and a member of a Baptist Church. Are you familiar with us Baptist?

Below, in red is her response to my e-mail.

Thank you so much for your kind words :). I'm a Hindu and I practice Hinduism. I also practice Buddhism. However these two religions are somehow contradicting to one another. Hinduism is about having faith in god but Buddhism isn't about believing in a god. It's about believing in inner forces having to do with ones self and enlightening ones life through nirvana. It doesn't openly say we worship a god.
    I have faith in god and I also believe in inner forces.

No, I've not heard of Baptist but I would love to know more about it.

Regards
    Aditi

Can someone provide me with a good website link - or a few of them - that could provide this young lady with specifics about not only us Baptist, but that will introduce her to Jesus..., absent all the rhetoric?

Thank you in advance.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Honestly, if I were you I would type out something personally. Sending her to a web site is more impersonal and less likely to have her read the whole thing. Just witness to her like you would someone on the street.

3. jim62

jim62 New Member

Friend, the best thing you can do today is to come to Jesus Christ and be saved. If you have never been saved, today it the day when you need to do just that! Today, He will receive you and He will be your Savior, John 6:37. If you wait and die lost, then the One Who could have saved you will be the One Who will condemn you! God’s Purpose: Peace and Life
    God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life – abundant and eternal. The Bible says, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10B) Why don’t most people have this peace and abundant life that God planned for us to have?

The Problem: Our Separation
    God created us in His own image to have a full life. He did not make us like robots to automatically love and obey Him. God gave us a will and freedom of choice. We choose to disobey God and go our own way. This results in separation from God. The Bible says “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23), And “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) Our choice results in separation from God.

Our Attempts to Reach God
    People have tried many ways to bridge this gap between themselves and God. The Bible says, “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2) No bridge reaches God…except one.

God’s Bridge: The Cross
    Jesus Christ died on the Cross and rose from the grave. He paid the penalty for our sin and bridged the gap between God and people. The Bible says, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8) God has provided the only way… but each person must make a choice.

Our Response: Receive Christ
    We must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive Him by personal invitation. The Bible says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9) Where are you?

Will you receive Jesus Christ right now?
    Here is how you can receive Christ:
    Admit your need. (I am a sinner.)
    Be willing to turn from your sins (Repent.)
    Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on
    the Cross and rose from the grave.
    Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in
    and control your life through the Holy Spirit.
    (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.)

How to pray:
    Dear Lord Jesus: I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow you as Lord and Savior.

God’s Assurance: His Word
    If you prayed this prayer, the Bible says “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13) This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. To deepen this relationship you should: Read your Bible every day to know Christ better. Talk to God in prayer every day. Tell others about Christ. Worship, fellowship and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached. As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others. SEND THIS TO HER

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree with Jim. Tell her about the Christian faith, not the Baptist church. Don't try and make her a Baptist. Seek to get her saved and then if she wants to become a Baptist you can perhaps lead her in that. Present enough explanation to her that raises questions from her allowing her to see that all her works are not needed to earn her a place in heaven as Jesus has already paid the price.