1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need Sunday school spring promo theme idea

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Pastor_Bob, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The theme for our church for 2019 is "Plow in Hope" based on I Corinthians 9:10. In line with that, we are looking for a theme for our spring Sunday school campaign that has to do with sowing or planting. In the fall, we are going to have a Sunday school campaign theme along the lines of reaping or the harvest, so as to keep in line with our church theme.

I am having trouble settling on theme for this spring. I considered Isaiah 32:20, "Blessed are ye that sow beside all waters...." but that seems to be more appropriate for a missions conference.

Any ideas?

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe a stint through Acts as Paul does some sowing?

• Like Like x 1
  3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What about the parable of the sower?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe from 2 Corinthians 9:6 - "Sunday School: Sowing Bountifully - Reaping in Joy!" or "Sunday School: Sowing Together - Growing Together."

Or from Proverbs 11:18 - "Reaping the Sure Reward."

• Like Like x 2
  5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fertilize with Faith

• Like Like x 1
  6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 13 Has two accounts of sowing/reaping, the 4 soils and then the wheat and the tares.

Matthew 9/Luke 10 has an appeal:

Matthew 9
    37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
    38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Luke 10
    2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

John 4
    35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
    36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
    37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
    38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor Bob when I was in the ministry 4 decades ago, once in a while in our Evangelical campaigns (especially for Missionary Meetings) we would use a negative theme. It might be of use. People would be curious. Just a thought.

Jeremiah 8:20 The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.