1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured .needs help

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, May 16, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've already shown it, lol. Cancelling out parts of Scripture with other Scripture isn't a good method of building Theology.

God bless.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    it's not the large print that messes you up it's the large errors in your theology
    you don't have to cancel out any scripture stay right in Zeph 3 and show me where the love of God is for everyone in the world go ahead

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    the only thing you shown as we get right down to it is that you can't back up what you said and all you can do is call names that's the only thing you've shown

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have shown you the love of God in more ways than you know.

God bless.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The many passages quoted in both threads disagree with you, lol.

When you can show why they don't mean what they mean then maybe you will have something to say.

So argue with those and I'll check in on some threads where there is actually some debate.

God bless.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    what you have shown is that you could run away from Romans 5 and Zeph 3 faster than the world record holder Usain Bolt

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So...we see that when you actually try and explain your use of the verses to show your view that God loves everyone savingly you cannot quite do it, in fact you have not shown it at all.

Your explanation of Rom2 that God saves the gentiles "because of works" that they do....goes directly against gal 2 where by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified..... no explanation by you.....:laugh:

You pluck out one verse in Zeph 3 that mentions love....but fail to show anywhere in chap 3 your idea s about God's Love to the world.:laugh:

I ask you about romans 5:12-21 the theology of federal headship, and even give you a link so you can read up on it......no response from you:laugh:

Then I see you challenge William in the other thread telling him;

:laugh:

you are big on the challenge part but never really get around to backing it up!

now we are getting to it....lets find more!

#107 Iconoclast, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In post 38...Rippon helped by pointing out the context of romans 5...DC responds byonce again hiding behind his pet phrase...it is not relevant...lol

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rippon View Post
    Attention please. You did not cite Romans 5:5 :
    And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Now that is very specific. God's love has not been poured out into the hearts of everyone --only the elect have been the recepients of the Holy Spirit which has been given to us alone.

In verse 9 Paul discusses the fact that we have been justified by his blood and not only that but that we will be saved from God's wrath through him!

And the following verse just emphazise the theme. His love is special, specific and only certain ones are the beneficiaries of His love.

Everytime Dc cannot understand or answer he says the post is "not relevant"....lol....Rippon is speaking of a passage dealing with the saving love of God to the justified.....DC claims it is not relevant....anyone can go back and see this pattern in the thread Judith started.....in fact...we can see it anyhwhere Dc posts...lol

The passage helps us answer this....
    5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Nice try but wrong...simply read the passage...."when we were yet without strength"......"while we were yet sinners"...

Yes DC......guess what...God set His Covenant love upon the elect before time was....Paul speaks this in 2tim 1;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This is what is taught nice and simple.......

I explained to you that the word love was not used at all in the book of Acts.....it is not...look for it....lol

so DC responded by quoting from Peters sermon in Acts 2......The word love does not appear there but then DC said...something like...well it is "there if you want to see it"...let me find that quote so DC does not use the wrong quote card to escape commenting;

ah yes...it was found in post 51...
    Acts 2:32-40

King James Version (KJV)

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

If one does not want to see it???? lol...Where is it DC...I said the word is not found...you say it is there???? LOVE...which verse?
    Love......show any book in Acts where it shows???? give the verse please!

Oh...you cannot....because it is not there. The Apostles are preaching to all men everywhere and not in one place do they tell an indiscriminate multitude....GOD LOVES YOU.....not once....

What they do command them is to repent and believe in order to be granted the righteousness of God which is what they need.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    in fact it is no where found in any book of the bible...

Not sure you realize it is your emotiuon and pride which is forcing you to make foolish assertions, denying some very Basic Bible Truth:

I would correct the misspelled word but you might wet your pants...lol

#108 Iconoclast, May 18, 2015
  9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    in post 52 we see this exchange;

Dc says;

I respond;

Except that you can provide no verse that says so...

Dc answers...

He failed in the Acts 2 passage...maybe he has some clearer ones , lets look-

DC offers;

I do not see love mentioned here.....

lets try the next one;

the word love is not here.....the word world is! Is every person ever born in the world going to be saved????...NOPE. So even as DC is excited about the word world.....if everyone in the world is saved..he might be onto something.

That is not the case however. As I said....his premise is mistaken...he cannot do it.

#109 Iconoclast, May 18, 2015
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It has happened over and over like here in post 60;

:laugh::laugh:

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It has happened over and over like here in post 60;

:laugh::laugh:

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is what you are excited about?
    Not wanting to interfere too much in this exchange, but are inferring that Paul's message, that is the gospel, was not a gospel of love?

Please note that Paul uses the word "love" 72 times in his epistles, that is the Pauline epistles alone.
    Also note these two verses and compare them.

Acts 28:2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

The KJV doesn't do justice here. Let me give you another translation that is a bit clearer:
    Titus 3:4 But when the kindness of God our Savior and his love toward mankind appeared, (WEB)

The Greek word used for kindness in Acts 28:2 is the exact same word translated "love toward God" in Titus 3:4.
    It is no doubt a word that you are familiar with:

Titus 3:4 οτε δε η χρηστοτης και η φιλανθρωπια επεφανη του σωτηρος ημων θεου

φιλανθρωπια philanthropia fil-an-thro-pee'-ah
    from the same as 5364; fondness of mankind, i.e. benevolence ("philanthropy"):—kindness, love towards man.

It may not be "agape" but it is related to phileo. This is philanthropy, a love for humanity that causes one to give generously, even as those in Acts 28 gave to the needs of Paul and the rest that were shipwrecked. It is love, nevertheless.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His excitement is that his pride is hurt. The fact that someone will not bow to his understanding, and, will point out those errors bothers him very much.

Scripture is the last thing he wants to discuss. This thread has been one of attack from the beginning, rooted in the other thread in a misguided attempt to rescue another member he felt was being "harassed," and through it all the same errors are repeated.

That is precisely what he, and his fellows...are saying.

The Love of God is for the Elect alone, God did not send His Son to the World, but to a select few. And I have only seen one of them actually make an attempt to address the Scripture provided which makes it clear God has given His message, both before and after the Cross, to all men...everywhere. We have seen Gentiles perform the works of the Law written in their heart, justified due to obedience to the revelation God had provided them. Paul distinguishes between those that believe and the world.

And let's just take an example from this recent post:

What is being said here is that all Jews are of the Elect.

And not one of his fellows will point out any obvious errors like this, because the goal is, as has been from the very first exchange...to embarrass me, lol.

It is embarrassing...to see nonsense like this on a Christian Forum, where the world is watching, and garbage like this is likely seeing people tune in, and tune out.

It is no wonder liberal theology is so rampant today...there are so many teachers it is hard to imagine anyone understanding anything else.

It is tragic to see this kind of "teaching" in someone apparently exposed to the Word of God for so long. The text is the exact opposite of what he is trying to make it say:

Romans 9:6-8

King James Version (KJV)

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Here is the statement again:

And not one person, those he thinks are his friends, have stepped up to rebuke or correct the first thing. That is friendship no-one needs.

No thanks.

And, DHK, I actually wish the thread title had been left. Because I think the context of "Darrell C needs help" is clearly seen in the thread, and it is not what the OP intended. I do need help: I need for a few people on this Board to start being honest about the exchanges, and show true friendship to the OP.

God bless.

#113 Darrell C, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'm around:

This fellow, like you, has no concern about the doctrine in view, but, like you, just wants to take potshots, lol.

One thing is true for us, my friend, we will either be an example, or we will be the example.

God bless.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello DHK

Thank you for letting this exchange go on pretty much uninterrupted.
    You asked about my concern here. What is the issue?

As you know....with any doctrine we want to make careful examination and be able to offer a scriptural defence for the truth we hold.

The doctrine of the love of God is no exception. Of course it is found as a main pillar of truth and is central in scripture.

Jesus went about doing good to all men.He lived and acted in love.
    The cross is a testament to God's love.

We as Christians are to love our enemies.We are to love our neighbor as love fulfills the law.This of course is all true and without debate.

The op raised by Judith asked a different question however.As I understood it she wanted feedback on how to understand that special saving love of God......that results in a sinner being saved from sin and granted life in Christ. She wanted to understand what about persons who remain outside of Christ.

I understand God's saving love to be 100% REDEMPTIVE AND COVENANT in nature. EVIDENTLY DC.....has a different understanding.

However despite all his crying and attempted cyber bullying of the two female's and his attacks on the brethren. .....he now looks to evade the issue and has now 4 or 5 times looked to evade any meaningful response upon cross examination.....His list of sad excuses grows longer than Pinocchio's nose as he runs away and hides in plain sight.

Anyone can post scripture but to give a correct meaning to what you post is important. HE HAS FAILED. Now he continues with his dishonesty and looks to phone a friend.
    He suggested I was being evasive but I am right here waiting for his attempted response. I do not care about the name calling as much.

Let me ask you DHK.......do you agree when he posts that God saves Gentiles BECAUSE they DO WORKS OF THE LAW?

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#116 Iconoclast, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Icon,
    I think you need to reconsider this quote:
    "the sand of the sea" is a figure of speech meaning "too many to count."
    Our population (the earth) is over 7 billion. I would estimate that less than one percent are "the elect" as you say, meaning actually born again. I am not talking about denominations. I am speaking of those that are truly born again of the Spirit of God. There are not many relatively speaking.

In many Islamic nations there are between 0 to 3% "Christian." That means everything that is not Muslim--the RCC, J.W., Mormon, etc. Very few are evangelical or know much of the gospel at all.

True Christianity is a very small minority in this world. It always has been a minority.

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I believe we are still the early church.I believe God has a design to save a truly innumerable multitude.That is one reason I have been reconsidering my end time view.
    I am aware what you are saying is true right now. I shared that view when I was premill. I thought we had to snatch a few souls out of the fire before the rapture and the 7 year tribulation would come.

I still evangelize with an intense sense of urgency not because of a "coming" tribulation. I now do so with a realization that sinners are not guaranteed their next breath , or the next day....so they need to be spoken to in the words of Richard Baxter....as a dying man to dying men.:thumbs::wavey:

So...even if my endtime outlook is mistaken,and my calendar is not the correct one....my living and witnessing remains intact,and consistent;
    71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the link to the actual response was given, one could for themselves see the point made.

All I can say, getting back to the original discussion, and quite possibly the new one, is...

Ezekiel 18:31-32

King James Version (KJV)

31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

And I wrapping up my time here, which was extended in the hopes that you would address the Scripture presented which incontrovertibly shows the Love of God for all men in the pre-salvific context. While the astute Theological Expression "Only the saved will be saved" is very true, we cannot caricaturize God's love and bring it down to man's level.

Perhaps in the next visit, should the Lord extend my time in this world, we may be able to take a doctrinal approach to discussing the issue. That is my hope.

God bless.

#119 Darrell C, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian