1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nein, Nein, Nein to 9-9-9!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Oct 20, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You May Have Intellectual Skills, BUT...

....You lack many of the necessary /mandatory attributes and gifts of the Spirit when it comes to being sociable, benevolent, and considerate of other's feelings in the shadow of your self proclaimed intellectual superiority. :tear:

I understand that this forum is designed to prompt "debate" between members, but, just because the purpose is meant to solicit healthy debates, that purpose is not a license to be rude, insulting, and down right hateful. I believe the definition of your approach to others (that you consider to be less than you) is "lording-it-over!" If you put LIO with KIA that makes people like you a LIOKIA (lording-it-over-know-it-all).

Sorry, I know that the above is merely my humble opinion, but it is the impression I get every time you "debate" me, and quite frankly (Scarlet) it is appalling.

I would suggest that you study the Word, and learn that words can cause scars that never heal! I'm sure it is not your intent to cause others harm when you move forth in debates, but, that is the impression I get from you, 99% of the time.

In a nutshell, your intellect is lacking Christ-like mannerisms, and that brings ignominy to you, your loved ones, and this board! :tear:

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

It's easy to be a bully while hiding behind a computer screen. I fear too many of us posters take advantage of this too often.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

First, Dude, you are the one that sarcastically brought up intellect and acted as if I thought I was smarter than everyone else. I simply played along with your sarcastic remarks because I thought they were funny. I don't think I'm smarter than anyone else on this board. I've learned many times in the past that you can't judge a person by how they interact on a medium such as this. A person such as my father, who is a very intelligent man, would come across as a buffoon on these forums simply because he barely knows how to utilize a computer and has no typing skills at all. His presentation of his thoughts would be poorly lacking and he would look foolish. I understand these things and don't judge others based upon that.

I do call out things I believe are wrong and I think you take issue with that. You've repeatedly posted false information that you have received through forwarded emails and other mediums. I can't stand by and see false information spread, so I point it out. You take it as a personal attack on you when someone points out the error of information you've presented. Maybe you need to realize that just because someone points out an error in information that it isn't a insult to your person?

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Do Owe You an Apology....

....For being sarcastic, and feeding into and over reacting to your caustic comments about my "lack" of intellectual skills.

I guess we are both guilty of reading between the lines, and going too far. :thumbsup: