1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nephew on Mission Trip

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Please pray for my nephew Rob and his son Ben and daughter Maggie as they depart from the US on a short-term mission trip to the remote areas of Panama.

Rob works as an Executive Director for Focus on the Family and has been on several short-term mission trips to various Latin American nations. Ben just graduated from High School this year (He was hs graduating class's president.) and plans to study to possibly serve as a youth pastor. Maggie will enter 8th grade next year, and this will be her first mission trip.

Rob lost his wife to cancer some five years ago. They have four children. Three sons and one daughter, all of which attend a Christian school. Ben and Maggie are the "middle" children. Rob's been with FOTF for close to 25 years. My nephew has done remarkably well as a single dad in raising his four children (ranging in age from 20 down to 8).

They've left Colorado Springs just as wildfires have forced the evacuation of many residents on the outskirts of the city. While their house probably won't be directly affected by the wildfires, many of their friends and acquaintances no doubt will---which is a prayer request by itself.

Those who've been on short-term mission trips will vouch for the impact they have on our children and youth. Please pray for their safety as they travel to and from Panama, and most of all, that they'll be used by God to help bring the Gospel to people who may have never heard of the salvation that Christ alone brings to people.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

What a wonderful opportunity that these young people have with their dad!

Praying for their safety in travels,their health and other needs to be met that only God can supply! May the people be receptive to the gospel. I will pray and be assured that this experience will have lasting memories on the entire family.

We are so proud of this family to be used by the Lord for others who may have never heard the the good news of the gospel!:1_grouphug::praying:

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers......