1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nephilim

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by BibleBob, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

There is no Biblical case of a demon being able to be in a physical body. They possess unbelievers' bodies but cannot be in one. The only angels who appear as men with bodies in the Bible are GOOD ANGELS, not fallen ones.

I'm with Blackbird on this. Angels are spirit beings (Hebrews 1.14) and fallen angels cannot be human, especially. This would deface the image of God. I believe that is why God only allows demons to possess people and not become people. Big difference.

2. natters

natters New Member

blackbird said "Now, I've seen a Collie dog and a Lab dog get together and produce puppies that are 1/2 Collie and 1/2 Lab----but they're still what?? 100% dog!"

Consider lygers, mules, etc. Offspring from different (but close) types of animals are possible, but are rare. And they are always sterile.

3. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Natters,

Are you saying Hercules had to be sterile? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Marcia
    The Fact remains we know for Fact that Angels have taken Human form. We may only have a record of Good Angels taking form but never the less it is possible for an Angel to take Human Form.

We can use your same refrence for (Hebrews 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?)
    that this only applies to Good Angels I do not see Fallen Angels ministering to those who will be saved.

5. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

I'm starting to move to Blackbirds side. It's still a Dog. ..... But you make a valid point. It's like saying a bird and a cat can fall in love but, where do they make a home?

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Jacob, there is no biblical basis for believing that a fallen angel can take human form. Just because good angels did it (and only temporarily), does not mean we can conclude the fallen angels can do it. In fact, I think the fact that we only see good angels in human bodies in the Bible is evidence against believing that fallen angels can do it.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Natters---its simple! A Mule is a cross between a Horse and Donkey---both of the Equine family!

You can also cross between a Buffalo and Cow---both of the Bovine family!

But you can't take a Angel and Human and cross them----they don't belong in the same family!

A Human is a Homosapien---an angel is an angel!

8. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

Well there is one thing about that.

If the Heavenly angeles were allowed to do that, it's one thing. But, if they all have the ABILITY, that is another. Fallen angels wouldn't care about God's word and wouldn't care if it correct or incorrect.

9. natters

natters New Member

Marcia said "Jacob, there is no biblical basis for believing that a fallen angel can take human form. Just because good angels did it (and only temporarily), does not mean we can conclude the fallen angels can do it."

But I think the idea is that their taking human wives WAS their fall. I.e. they hadn't fallen until the very event under discussion.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Fallen angels must obey God!

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Again, Natters! Answer the question---where did these angels get their human bodies complete with reproduction system EXACTLY that of humans???

12. natters

natters New Member

blackbird said "Again, Natters! Answer the question---where did these angels get their human bodies complete with reproduction system EXACTLY that of humans???"

From God? As with all created beings? If angels can wrestle, eat, rest, then why do other bodily activities?

13. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

Umm Satan dosen't... Why should they isn't that what he is a "fallen angel" ?

14. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

The realty of this discussion is that there is no clear biblical teachings that angels have the ability to procreate, either with each other or with humans. We have a difficult passage given to us in Genesis, but no cross referencing that gives us clear understanding. Since Jesus stated the abilities of angels in reference to marriage, ie coming together as one. I will take what He said.

Bro Tony

15. natters

natters New Member

Blackbird said "But you can't take a Angel and Human and cross them----they don't belong in the same family!"

Says who? Where did you gain your education on angel physiology and anatomy?

Bro Tony said "We have a difficult passage given to us in Genesis, but no cross referencing that gives us clear understanding."

I agree it is a difficult passage. Some of the verses that are possible cross references are Jude 1:6-8 (especially the part about "going after strange flesh"), 1 Pet 3:19-20, and 2 Pet 2:4-5. If the fallen angel view is true, these passages would make much sense.

Bro Tony said "Since Jesus stated the abilities of angels in reference to marriage, ie coming together as one. I will take what He said."

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. Are you talking about the verse about angels not marrying? If so, you should note that the verse says angels in heaven. I would think that fallen angels do a lot of things that angels in heaven don't do. ;)

16. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

That is a thought.

If Jesus said they coould come together as one, that would imply procreation correct?

17. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Maybe so Natters,

But you are adding alot into it. But since this discussion has been about what people think about this, I have no problem with you doing that. We all have been. I don't see it the way you do, but we will find out some day. The way I look at something like this is one of us may be right, both of us can't be right, but both of us could be wrong.

Bro Tony

18. natters

natters New Member

Hey Bro Tony,

I don't mind if people oppose the fallen angel view. I'm not sure if I believe it myself. But I haven't added anything, I have just pointed out where the possibilies exist.

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

And if Satan does not have to obey God---what do you do with the verses of his confrontation with God concerning Job----Satan could do no more than what God allowed!

And if Satan does not have to obey---what's gonna happen when Jesus goes to throwing him into Hell---something like---"I don't have to obey you!!!"

Yes, he does, friend! Yes he does!

20. natters

natters New Member

blackbird, obeying and acting within limits of allowance are two entirely different things. The beast in Revelation utters blasphemies, but I don't think he does so because he's obeying God's command to do so.

blackbird said "And if Satan does not have to obey---what's gonna happen when Jesus goes to throwing him into Hell---something like---"I don't have to obey you!!!""

True, I think Satan would have to obey. But that does not mean everything Satan does is because he is simply obeying what God tells him to do - instead, he is acting within his limits of allowance.