1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Networks Spend 55% of Time Covering Russia-Trump, But Only 6% of Americans Say It’s ‘Top Issue’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 21, 2017.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Networks Spend 55% of Time Covering Russia-Trump, But Only 6% of Americans Say It’s ‘Top Issue’

A new Bloomberg poll shows that health care is the top issue for Americans, even though network newscasts have relentlessly hammered viewers with coverage of Democrats’ accusations about Russia and President Donald Trump.

The Bloomberg National Poll reveals that 35 percent of Americans say “Health Care” is the top issue today - nearly three times the 13 percent who cite “Unemployment/Jobs.”

Only six percent cited “Relationship with Russia” as the most important issue.

But, Media Research Center (MRC) Newsbusters analysis shows that network news programs spend far more time covering Russia-Trump than they do any of Americans’ actual top issues. In the five weeks following the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller (May 17-June 20), networks devoted 353 minutes of their total 640 minutes of airtime (55%) to the Russia-Trump probe.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if the news media runs stories that are controversial in order to sell advertising?

Nah....

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and more importantly - the ratings......

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would agree that the general public is not as interested in the "Russia thing" as the media and the political class.

I would point out that the time period (May 17-June 20) does not include the House's non-vote and then vote on ObamaCare replacement or the Senate's pitiful attempt to do something — anything — on health care. Those generated a lot of copy.