1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Never Saved To Begin With"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Iamodd4God, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I am hoping for glory, not hell. Define hell as you so desire, my hope is in heaven, not hell. “Those that believe in me shall NEVER die” let alone go to hell. “That where I am, there ye shall be also.” That is my hope of glory, Hope of Glory. :thumbs:

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Since two words that are translated as "hell" are nothing more than the grave, how are you going to avoid it? (Barring the rapture, of course.)

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm surprised nobody addressed this, but it could not be allowed to pass.
    That John was talking to nonbelievers is disproven by the fact that the verse in question says "If WE say WE have no sin", NOT "If YOU say YOU have no sin".
    The epistles are not written to nonbelievers (And this point has often been used in these OSAS debates to say that people being addressed who "fall away" must have been saved). There are probably new believers, and while there is already spiritual fellowship, John is trying to make the fellowship something that is living and put to practice. "So that you may have fellowship". Not so that you may be converted.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"Lordship Salvation" and "never saved to begin with" are a couple of the greatest 'Christian' "cop-outs" around!

I simply don't have the anywhere near the time it would take to get deeply into these two ideas, currently, but have addressed them in the past, and one can read them in my varied posts over the last two years.

Ed

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Is Lordship Salvation to believe that the Children of God do good works and do not commit sin unto death, but sin a sin that is not unto death, but have an advocate with God for that sin, and receive chastisement for that sin also, which is Jesus Christ???

In other words to believe the "saved" are a new creature and have put off the old man and put on the new????

Is this Lordship Salvation???

In other words is this the new kid on the block?

Wikipedia

#165 Brother Bob, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2007
  6. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: How is Lordship salvation a cop-out?