1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Never will be Patriots

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wesley Briggman, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #1 Wesley Briggman, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  3. General Mung Beans

>Good patriot
    >User pic is of Stonewall Jackson

[​IMG]

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A great Christian. A great general. A great theologian.

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was at the spot in Chancellorsville where he got shot by his own men when I was there a few years ago. Have you ever been there?

6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not, but it is on my bucket list.

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have got to go. It's pretty amazing to take in all the history that happened there. His death was a great loss to the southern forces and like you said he was a great commander. Close by is Fredricksburg, another must see place of battle.

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been to Fredricksburg, Antietam Manassas, Gettysburg and most of the Deep South battlefields. I love History.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. It is a very sad time for this democratic-republic. Are we to go down without a fight? I see no leader in sight who might draw us together in a lawful/meaningful way to defend against these tyrants. Hopefully, I will soon be proven to be short-sighted!

11. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ones who are supposed to be our leaders are more concerned with getting re-elected than doing what we elected them to do.

In addition, because those who hate America are a noisy minority, it appears to me that they are mis-viewed as holding the mainstream public opinion. We are a silent majority that is allowing a few noisy people to impose their immoral views of, and immoral vision for America upon us. We need unelected leaders, people who rise stand above the fog political correctness and fear of public sentiment and be leaders. We need people of courage to energize the silent majority into being silent no more.

Our elected leaders need to see who constitutes the true majority in this country and we need to put their feet to the fire and let them know that we the people are in charge, that the authority in this country goes bottom-up. They have been allowed to create a political class that thinks of itself as the ruling elite. And we need to take that away from them and remind them that they serve us, not the other way around.

We need real leaders and not cowards and criminal sympathizers. It is my opinion that the Constitution offers a legal route to address this and it is called, "The Convention of States." Our founders were geniuses, but we are navigating waters that not even those brilliant men could foresee. They knew that it was possible that something might happen that they had not made provision for in the Constitution and so they gave us the ability to call a "Convention of States" in Article V of the US Constitution.

12. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1