1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NeverHillary

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . I am sick and tired of the so-called Christians who claim to not be able to vote for Trump because of their conscience.

"If they truly looked at their conscience, how many people have they voted for who have been liars, thieves, et cetera? If they were true Bible readers, they would even go back and realize that George W. Bush -- who I voted for, by the way -- is a one-world government guy. He was a one-world government president. I'm so sick of them, I cannot stand it. I have read Erick Erickson -- and if I've done this and it's wrong, I'm sorry. But he is so self-righteous, I can't handle it. God did not make us self-righteous. He said we needed Him, and they certainly are not showing that, and that's what I called for. . . ."​

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/18/there_s_no_choice_never_hillary

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "But I don't know how people who have expressed conservative beliefs and have meant them and lived them and are devoted to them, can take any action whatsoever that would make it more likely that Hillary Clinton would be elected. That, to me, is unacceptable. It's just unacceptable.

"We can't handle it! We cannot; we shouldn't want to. We don't want to even conceive of that. The woman is an outright unmitigated disaster, and so is her party. It scares the ever-living heck out of me to think of four more years of this or eight more years of it. And people who think, 'Well, four more years of Hillary? As long as it's not Trump! We can't let Trump win this because it's the end of the party. It's the end of any serious opposition to the Democrats ever, and if Hillary gets elected, the big thing there will be Trump losing, and Trump must lose so the Republican Party will be viable once again.'"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "But, you know, I also don't see Trump as the giant negative that a lot of people do. And one of the ways that I look at Trump is I look at his family. I look at his kids.

"I don't think I've ever seen a story of any Trump kid in TMZ or E! Entertainment. I don't see them in the gossip pages. I don't see a single story about a Trump kid that's wandering aimlessly through life drunk and out of control and disorderly and wandering aimlessly here and there. I see nothing but well-raised young adults who are seriously working, who are devoted to their father, and their family is devoted to him. They don't appear to be spoiled brats. They're not playboys. They're not getting on the Trump jet, flying a bunch of women off to who knows wherever. At least we don't know about it, if they are. They're not.

"My point, it's not easy to do that this day and age. I know that his kids have all had to work. They've not been handed things. They've all had to go to school. But he adores 'em, and they obviously adore and respect him."

• Like Like x 1
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SO WHY DID REPUBLICANS VOTE FOR TRUMP IN THE PRIMARY??!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I didn't; but I strongly imagine it was because he did not resemble in the least another Romney or McCain that was the last two products of the GOP!
    Those who did will have to verify or negate my thoughts.

6. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Last two? Every Republican candidate since 1988 has been worthless. A few of them might not even have been the lessor of two evils (America would be a better place today if Gore beat Bush).

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

true-colors.jpg

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I am tired and sick of others making judgements about others' consciences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

RATs have no conscience. Trump is far, far better than Hillary, so for anyone with a conscience, Trump is the easy choice, even if not the choice we wish we had.

Trump also has more potential than any Republican candidate since Reagan to be good president, because Trump isn't in the pocket of neoconservatives (who might as well have the motto, "Surrender in the culture war for the sake of endless middle-east war").

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a good example of what is wrong with this site. People have differing opinions about things. Rather than accepting it for what it is and arguing the point, people like you need to make it about a person's character to make your case.

• Agree Agree x 2