1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New and Used Bibles

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Nicholas25, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I am looking for a ministry that is accepting bibles. I have a used Life Application Study Bible and a Life in the Spirit Study Bible to donate. I read or heard about a ministry a few weeks ago that is taking new and used bibles but I can't remember where I read it or heard about it. A bible would make someone a great present for the Christmas and holiday season

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How many you talking about? I'll ask around.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I had an old NKJV that I took to a Hospice. A cousin was dying of cancer, and there was a little "chapel" inside with books on every religion under the sun...but no Bible. Even a Q'ran. If anyone could use a good Life Application Bible, it's someone with a terminal illness. Call your local hospice and ask.

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I am looking for a ministry that is accepting bibles.

If nothing else, perhaps your church might know of someone (a new believer, for example) who doesn't have a Bible - and if yours is in decent shape and not written in, would it not be a suitable gift?

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look around your area for local Christian crisis centers, they will accept Bible donations. They usually assist people who are:

-poor
    -homes have burned (again usually poor with no resources)
    -women who have escaped domestic volence (usually poor with no resources)
    -elderly (usually poor with no resources)

Bibles go quickly with these type ministries. Sometimes they are given to people in need, other times the Bibles are sold and the money goes to help the crisis center with food and other such needs. You could also ask that your Bible donation simply be given to someone who needs it. Better yet you might even find a way to work with a local center to provide free Bibles to the poor...that is a good idea. I may actually look into that last one, not thought about that before.

Also check with your church/pastor.

For this type of thing I personally believe you are better staying local...

#5 Martin, Nov 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2006
  6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why would anyone want to give their "Junk For Jesus" to someone else. Too many folks buy something new for themselves and then give the used worn out item to someone else. I was in a church that over the years they were given so much "Junk for Jesus" that we had to pay to have it disposed of. We stopped accepting that junk.