1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New at the board

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aroundthesuntraveler, Aug 17, 2021.

1. aroundthesuntraveler

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Hi you can call me traveler or tvr for short.

I live in the U.S.. I also live near a Walmart location like maybe the rest of you. :Biggrin
    I could go to a Baptist church or to another one.
    I don't attend church regularly but I would like to find an online church if there's one.

We do regular bible study here at home. We're studying the OT now. I have to brush up on the NT which I haven't done. Maybe posting here will help me with that. Hopefully I'll meet other members around here.

Ok time to start looking around the board to see what's I can post to.

Ok see you on the board
    your new friend traveler aka tvr :)

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome aboard.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB tvr!

Be aware of the 'veil of Moses', 2 Corinthians 3:12-14, when studying the OT. You could become a Dispensationalist if you're not aware of it. Don't “wrongly allow the Old Testament to have priority over the New Testament”.

#4 kyredneck, Aug 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi so glad you decide to join us at BB -
    But what is the reason you have not joined a local church?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome. You are the exception. Most people are somewhat proficient in N.T. but need to brush up on O.T.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to BB and since you are a traveler, maybe you would like a little traveling music as you travel on... Brother Glen:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  10. aroundthesuntraveler

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Thanks everyone for a friendly welcome. It kind of reminds me of when Naomi and Ruth arrived in town. The people were waiting for them. Could you ever imagine your city today looking for you to move back? But those were small cities compared to ours today. .

I'll try to answer as best as I can. Hoping not to forget anyone purposely. Just remind me if that happens. I don't ignore any forum members that interacted with me. . And even if I'm not always swift on my answers keep a look out that I'll write back. .

About church. I have only been a visitor of churches- going personally. Mostly to a Cavalry open door. I also knew some friends from Baptist churches as well. . I had a sign language interpreter the one that I went to. Not all churches provide their own. But since my surgery I need someone to repeat things. Now I am hard of hearing.

That's the reason why for me it's better to be in a quieter setting. So I stay away from crowds. That includes concerts, movies, etc. My roommate is able to talk to me easier at home. We both study. . She will read from the bible site as we are on the same book and chapter. .

We like the modern King James. It came out in between the old and new King James. I don't need to use the NCV as much since I switched to modern. We were a bit confused with the older English translation. The modern has helped us quite a bit. . It still keeps very important words in today's English language.

I was going to get into a bible study group somewhere around here. But once the corona came around that has kept us here mostly. The new Delta doesn't give me much confidence out there is why if I could find bible study or church online. It doesn't look this pandemic is disappearing any time soon.

You may not believe this. But I haven't gotten any major colds or flu for the last 15 yrs. Because I'm not around people as much puts me at low risk and isolated from the virus. Then I can't spread it and slow it down. Being around too many people it's hard to hear with my processor amplified etc. . Now that should explain why I'm at home often. .

As for the Old and New Testaments. I got caught up into End Times Scriptures and a number of random Christian books. Mostly end times etc. . In general various we study random both old and new verses. Random isn't a true complete study.

So we're reading chapter by chapter. I know most Christians do NT first and then OT. But I used to watch lots of church tv. But these are mostly random too. But over the years I forgot so many of them. . I want to read more OT first. I'm learning more this time then when I used to read these parts of the bible. .

But I don't ignore any NT verses. I'm just not quick enough to always have good NT answers. . I'm pretty familiar with Matthew at least and Revelation secondly. So I have to get more involved with books in between more than just end time verses . . and prophetically end times some years ago was the room I was mostly talking about . .

Now I want to know the bible from beginning to end. And I rather OT first more than NT. . Because
    like I said I'll have a reason to look up NT here. As at home there's no one but us 2 to talk with others like at forums. You'll see things will work out here. We do careful study wherever we are at. I'll build up in NT chapters and verses while reading the OT stories etc. So this board gives me a reason to post back and forth OT and NT. I generally pray in the name of God or the Lord. . I always include God as a whole Father Son and Holy Spirit. We do ask God for Jesus to mediate and intercede for our hopes, prayers, and salvation.

Well I hope that now all makes more sense.

I don't know what room to post yet. Any suggestions since I am new here? Perhaps, I do want to do some news for one I know. Not sure where else yet. .

Your friend tvr.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'The new is in the old concealed, the old is in the new revealed' Augustine

"In the early fifth century, Augustine memorably put it this way: “The New Testament lies concealed in the Old, the Old lies revealed in the New.” The veil has been done away with in Christ (2 Cor. 3:14-16), but the tattered remains of that veil may still drape across whole tracts of the Old Testament."

12. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well since you are not of the Baptist denomination, you have to post where it doesn't say Baptist only... But there are other places to post and I suggest if you have a question, you start a post of your own... And if I know anything at all about this board, in the word of the movie field of dreams... If you post it they will come and you can start in the Christians Forums either debate or the fellowship and there are many learned brethren on here that can help you... Now what's on your heart and mind?... Brother Glen:)

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Btw... Many times God will send us answers, through the thoughts of others, at least that has been my experience:Thumbsup