1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New BB Forum Member from Florida here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Latver11Leader, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Baptist Board Forum members. My name is Matt. I'm originally from Vermont, the land of snow, mountains, maple syrup, ice cream, and skiing. My family and I lived there for quite a while, before moving to Virginia around 2003. There I went to college part-time for business while working full-time. A couple of years later I decided to join the Navy in 2007, because I wanted to work in Information Technology and travel the world. Almost 10 years later I got out of the military to go back to school and get my AS in Cyber security. I should be finishing up school soon with only a couple of semesters left, and also working on getting my Security + Certification.

In my spare time I enjoy exercising, going to the beach, keeping up with the latest computer technology, and going to the gun range. If you have any questions about me or anything else just let me know, I would love to answer them. Looking forward to meeting the Baptist Board Forum Community!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where at in Florida I am in the Orlando area

3. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Northwest region/ Pensacola Area part of Florida.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The redneck Rivera:Biggrin:Biggrin

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Corry Air Station. I was in the Air Force but I had to go to a training school at Corry.

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board from the other Sunshine State, to the far west... California... Enjoy your stay here... You asked if we had any questions?... I have one!... Can we see your papers?... Brother Glen:D

#7 tyndale1946, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Matt, welcome to the BB. I've read there's been quite an exodus from Vermont.

...I thought it was to the far LEFT... California...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. Pensacola has some diversity, but quite a few rednecks as well.

10. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    After boot camp at Great Lakes in 2007, the Navy sent me to Corry Air Station where I completed IT "A" school. Years later I get out of the service and end up living in the Pensacola Area again. Full circle.

11. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Brother Glen. California, what part? My last ship was the USS America LHA-6 in San Diego. I really loved that city, the people, the activities, and the weather. Unfortunately, the cost of living is really high and I don't agree with some of the ways that state is being run. In spite of that though, I enjoyed being stationed in SD. You want to see my papers? lol, I'm sure my DD-214 is around here somewhere. Nice to meet you.

12. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist

• Like Like x 1
  13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finally someone who speaks my language... I was born on the outskirts of San Diego, in La Mesa in 1946... I was here before my second marriage for 57 years... Oh yeah, this is my city... I did my boot here, just like my Dad, who was a Marine and before WWII, met my Mother and made his home here and raised his family... So after Vietnam I came home and did the same until 2004, then I remarried, and moved north 120 miles to Riverside... Now I'm in Sacramento... Nice to meet you too... No body messes with San Diego, the military city... We have The Navy, The Marines and a lot of ammo!... Brother Glen:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, SD is a military city, you can just tell when you're there. The way the city is laid out as far as roads are concerned, they were built with common sense in mind. There are so many options with Routes 5, 805, 15, 8, 94, 125, 54, 163 to name a few. The only time I battled with traffic was to get on base so I could get to Pier 13 where my ship was. So yeah SD was really great. Didn't care too much for San Francisco though. My ship the USS America got commissioned there in the summer of 2014, just didn't like some of the things I saw over there at the time. I was very thrilled when we all rolled back into SD. Yeah, I remember Riverside. I almost went to California Baptist University over there, but decided to move to Florida instead.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we need proof that you were born on the Planet Earth.

16. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright, you all got me. Correction, y'all got me. I'm a southerner now, I keep forgetting. Anyway, so I'm not from Earth as I've claimed. I'm from a far away planet, I don't know if you've heard of it, called Krypton. I grew up there and one of my best friend's was a kid called um... I think it was Kal-El? Yeah, that was his name. You know, him and I were both in the Science Council together while in grade school. Oh the memories! Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in years. I hope he's doing alright wherever he is. Sorry I kept this a secret, I should have told you all sooner. I mean y'all sooner.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may not realize it - but Krypton is the "Cuba" of the universe. That is if you are from Krypton - all you have to do is set foot on Earth and you are legal.

Kal-El chnged his name to Clark - go better fit in - here is a website click her for the website.

19. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board, Matt. Hope it is a blessing to you.

20. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you sir.