1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New believer material

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Jeremiah, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am working with several Christians that are still "new" in their faith, they need a simple discipleship course but it needs to be biblically based (duh) and present clear and concise scriptural principals.

Suggestions?

2. Servent

Servent Member

Master Life, You can find in lifeway bookstores

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Milk/Bread/Fish/Meat series from NavPress (Navigators ministry) are four step-by-step booklets.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What are the ages of the disciples?

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Start with a few key men and women who show great promise as leaders.

Begin with basic discipleship materials such as the Design for Discipleship Series books 1-6 published by Nav Press. It takes 29 weeks
    found at http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find/97381616?Ntk=typeset.typeset&Ntt=Design+For+Discipleship&action=Search&N=0&Ne=0&nav_search=1

Survey of the NT There are 13 lessons and takes 13 to 26 weeks

found at http://www.lifewaystores.com/lwstore/product.asp?isbn=0805499466

Survey of the OT. There are 13 lessons and takes 13 to 26 weeks

found at http://www.lifewaystores.com/lwstore/product.asp?isbn=0767326199

How to interpret scripture How To Read the Bible For All Its Worth by Fee and Stuart - 13 weeks. I have them do a word study covering the OT and NT and intertestamental period if they can. I teach them to use a concordance and show them some diferences. I have worksheets that I have developed for each chapter. At the end is their final project that they will present to the others. That word study is a very profitable time for others. They get to see how other words have had meaning in both the OT and NT. A good one is words like baptize and apostle. I give them a list to pick from. They indicate their first and second and third choice. Then I make sure that nobody has the same word.

This covers about 24 months. But what happens to the people is amazing. They have something to share. They are better able to witness to their friends and family.

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiritual ... less than 5 years
    Physical ... 30-50

The fun part is that most of them are spiritually hungry, but they are looking for more of the "experience" not the word, they need feeding.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Spiritual ... less than 5 years
    Physical ... 30-50

The fun part is that most of them are spiritually hungry, but they are looking for more of the "experience" not the word, they need feeding.
    </font>[/QUOTE]If you are able to teach them what I suggested earlier they will get more interested in the meat and the experience will be unlike they had.