1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Book on Fundamentalism

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by John of Japan, May 12, 2011.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The Kindle price is only $0.99 today!

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the tip, C4K. I just got a Kindle Fire last month on my birthday from a close friend, and am loving it. Not only my brother's book but many other good books are either free or only cost a dollar or two.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Question about the Fire. What is the reading screen like. Is it a typical tablet screen or the e-ink like on the others kindles?

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unlike the others, the Fire has a backlit screen that reads very well. So I can lie there and read with the lights out while my wife is asleep. She loves that aspect of it.

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Roger, you can choose between three different background/text colors. I use the sepia tone set and it is very easy to read. I get a headache if the background of the text is too bright, and this one suits me perfectl. If you have the Kindle app on your laptop the tones for it are the same as the ones on the Fire.

I love my Kindle Fire. John, I like the inexpensive books too! I'm up to around 150 titles or so. I'm an equal opportunity reader so that is across quite a few different genres.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Argh - I read on my phone and don't like the backlighting :(. If it weren't for that I would jump on a Fire.

I am just glad they reduced the price on the book - finishing up a couple now and your brother's is next.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

This is an engaging read. Living in Ireland and being from Alabama makes the history section fascinated. So far it is very well written.

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Try looking at a Kindle at your local Wal-Mart or other outlet that allows hands-on use. I think you will like it. Sadly, I bought one without backlight during the third versions and the buttons and now wish I had the money to obtain a back-lit version. I have the same problem with having to have a light on the screen which is far more irritating than the Kindle's backlit screen. Remember, you phone is an entirely different technology (I know I'm an electronic engineer.)

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Two things - first of all I am still enjoying the read. Andrew jumps from place to place a bit, but when on track I can hardly put the book down. About to wrap it up.

On the Kindle - I don't regret buying the $79 reader. I really love the e-ink and if I have to read in bed I can use my phone for that little bit.

Saying that, when I get ready for a tablet the Fire is leading the race. I will check it out in store.