1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Book on Revelation 1-3

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by John of Japan, Aug 28, 2017.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a new book, just out, on Revelation 1-3: Where Is Your Allegiance?. The Kindle edition is out on Amazon now, but not the printed book: Amazon.com: where is your allegiance paul himes: Books.

For you guys that insist on not interpreting the book literally, this volume makes it quite plain that the first three chapters are completely literal accounts. (I read it prepub, but don't have the printed book yet.) For example, author Dr. Himes discusses the true meaning of the "lukewarm" statement as it would have been understood in AD 96 by a resident of Laodicea or the adjacent towns (3:15), and the historical events behind the "thief" statement to Sardis (3:3).

You will be blessed.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Purchased and opened and starting to read.

Wait a minute! WAIT A MINUTE! He didn't dedicate the book to his dear old dad? Must have just been an oversight. :D:D:D:D:D

3. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alas, where have I failed? :rolleyes::Coffee Shall I make the Keurig in my office off bounds?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That stuff will stunt your growth! At least that's what my mom told me. It must be true. My dad was 6'3" and my brothers are 6'6, 6'5, 6'4, 6'3, 6'2, and me at 5'10.

I really look up to my siblings. :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, Dad and Mom always told us that, so we weren't allowed coffee until we turned 16. My little sis ended up at about 6'2"--should have given her coffee.:Coffee

• Funny Funny x 1