1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Churches popping up and Andrew Wommack

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mets65, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mets65

mets65 New Member

What is up with all the charismatic churches popping up? We have had several in our town and they are mainly younger people. Some of their doctrine bothers me and it all seems to be encouraged by Andrew Wommack of Colorado. I'm sure some of you know about him. He has some very odd teachings. You can google Wommack Disproved and some interesting stuff comes up. Thoughts on him and these new churches?

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The Charismatic/Pentecostal movement is the most divided doctrinally confused movement within Christendom - it never ceases to constantly divide and reproduce psuedo-Christian denominations.

None of these groups are led by the Spirit of God and none of them speak in Biblical tongues but rather in either self-induced or demonic estatic utterances. None of their prophets pass the tests of a Biblical prophet. There is not a more non-spiritual confused psuedo-type of Christianity on planet earth.

3. mets65

mets65 New Member

They glorify speaking in tongues and seem to place extreme importance on this and "being filled with the spirit" which causes speaking in tongues according to their doctrine I think.

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The Bible has at least seven different tests to try prophets. Many of the modern denominations today, including the whole Charismatic/Pentecostal movement originated with "prophets" or claims to have "prophets" in their numbers. Every single solitary professed or acknowledged "prophet" among them has failed these tests - Every single one!

Any prophet that fails even one of these tests is a "false" prophet by Biblical definition no matter how much "half" truths they may espouse. Every movement that rises up to follow and support such "false" prophets by Biblical definition is DEMONIC in its power and doctrine (1 Tim. 4:1; 1 Jn. 4:1-6).

I stopped arguing doctrine with them long ago. I just quote their false prophet's failed prophecies, failed visions and dreams with their "thus saith the Lord" introductions and that is sufficient to condemn them and their followers as having their source of power and doctrine in demons. Their "tongues" are no more Biblical in nature than they prophets and prophecies.

5. mets65

mets65 New Member

They also place an extreme importance on healing. Check out this Andrew Wommack guy, he seems to be a major player in their doctrine.

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Warning: "DIG" alert. :D

Perhaps if there were more life in mainline churches the youth wouldn't go off looking for something else...

7. mets65

mets65 New Member

I think the energy is what gets their attention.