1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Comical Ali Claims 44,000 US Dead in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a performance worthy of former Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Al-Sahhaf, also known as "Comical Ali," a spokesman for one of the remaining Sunni insurgency groups in Iraq told Al Jazeera last month that 44,000 U.S. troops had been killed in that country.

Story Here

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I guess math wasn't his best subject... :thumbs:

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Could be more true than you think. What with sickness from being contaminated with who knows what and mental illnesses brought back. So maybe they aren't all dead yet. What's the difference if their lives have been shortened by being there?

Gulf war one casualties have been up to a couple hundred thousand if you count all the sick and wounded. If this regime change turns out anything like GW1 the causualties could far outnumber 44,000.

#3 poncho, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2008
  4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Wow, oh how quickly one can succumb to the enemies propaganda.:tonofbricks:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I hate to say it because I will be voting Democratic this year but Al-Qaida wants the democrats to win because both candidates have vowed to reduce troops in their playing grounds. One way to do this is to build american or global opposition to the war. High death count would benefit this goal. I read somewhere how they committed to increased violence.

I don't see this war as one we can win. How do we defeat an enemy who is not afraid to die? Further, we are fighting them in their land. Where will they go if they loose at home? They have far more at stake. Everytime a bomb goes off or we kick in a door in the middle of the night more opposition to this war is created in Iraq. We can't win with average joe citizen against us and it seems average joe is no longer on our side.

I think we lost the best of this cause while waiting for the people of Iraq to get their act together and defend their land. We also allowed far too much time in establishing a new government. Anything established now will be for show until we go and civil war will break out. Why should we sacrifice more american lives trying to stop an inevitable civil war?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the Bush administration had no idea what to do next after the United States won the war in Iraq and deposed Saddam Hussein. Al Qaeda had no "playground" in Iraq until we removed Saddam Hussein from power and left a vacuum for it to fill. Also, Iraq was run by Sunnis, now it is run by Shiites who look to their fellow Shiites in Iran for guidance and solidarity.