1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New Evidence for the Authenticity of the Shroud of Turin

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Deadworm, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deadworm,

You aren't the only one who has been here in the last 18 years who has tried to tell us that the Gospels lie and are unreliable.

You won't be the last.

The Gospel accounts of the resurrection have been discussed in depth here at least for the past 16 years [that's how long I have been here]. You aren't bringing any new information. Only, and sadly, slanderous information.

Bring up any details you wish from the Gospels. I guess we can hash it out again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good point. Our Lord was beaten to within an inch of His life during the scourging and the imprint would have reflected the great damage done to His body.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 KJV
    [2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. [3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why I think God did not tell ppl where He personally buried Moses, because ppl would flock there and worship, just as is the case of where no one truly knows where exactly Jesus' tomb is.

Ppl seem to be worshipping a shroud that is just an old rag.

#SMH

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, if the seeker expresses special interest in the topic. Effective evangelism begins with the seeker's burning questions because effective evangelism is relational evangelism. In other words, the effectiveness of evangelism often depends on loving pre-evangelism. For example, I have recently encountered a burning interest in ADCs and NDEs expressed by a grieving unchurched woman whose family lost a young loved one in a snowmobile accident. When I shared some of the research and testimonies I have and will post in my thread on this subject, this woman couldn't get enough and was eager to learn more and eager for me to share this information with her family. ADCs and NDEs do not necessarily lead directly to the Gospel, but they dramatically open the door to Gospel witness for those of us who remain alert to the right time and place for such transitional testimony. Modern secularism and its accompanying anti-supernaturalism often create apathy towards Scripture and towards the big questions of our life purpose and ultimate destiny. So topics that reengage the unchurched with these issues can easily transition to a focus on the Gospel.

#45 Deadworm, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Despite overwhelming evidence that it is not. 'just an old rag' you also claim to know who and what people worship. You obviously know nothing about the shroud and suspect your anti-Catholicism is what is really going on in your post.

7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never once brought up Catholicism. The reason why I reject that old rag is because the imprint looks just like the image of the guy Da Vinci painted as Jesus. That shroud was not the burial cloth around Him.

8. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Da Vinci had never used a guy to portray the Christ, that image on that shroud would be meaningless. It would be just a guy...

9. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This reply just exposes your refusal to watch the videos. In fact, one of the authenticating features of the Shroud is how Semitic its various features have proven to be.

10. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not going to watch 73 minutes worth of bias-based drivel...

11. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What about injuries? The corpse displayed on the shroud looks pretty good to me, with not much damage that I can see. Surely Jesus would have also been beaten around the head a bit during the scourging, perhaps suffering a broken nose in the process? The nose imprinted on the shroud looks pretty straight to me. Please address this issue of not seeing any bodily injuries.

12. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then it would serve you right if you wanted an unchurched seeker to accept Christ and he responded: "I'm not going to waste my reading time for "78 minutes worth of drivel." But thanks for expessing the very essence of a closed-minded denizen of a myopic Baptist Ghetto. O

Adonia: "What about injuries? The corpse displayed on the shroud looks pretty good to me, with not much damage that I can see. Surely Jesus would have also been beaten around the head a bit during the scourging, perhaps suffering a broken nose in the process? The nose imprinted on the shroud looks pretty straight to me. Please address this issue of not seeing any bodily injuries. "

You too have pulled a Baptist and refused to watch the video, If you had, you would know:
    (1) that much of what is of probative value is only visible through high-powered NASA equipment;
    (2) that examination by secular forensic experts has demonstrated that the Shroud was wrapped around a crucified man whose blood spatter and other bodily fluid patterns fit that diagnosis perfectly.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [/QUOTE]
    How many have I saved? ZERO, for is the work of the Holy Spirit of God!

14. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adonia: "What about injuries? The corpse displayed on the shroud looks pretty good to me, with not much damage that I can see. Surely Jesus would have also been beaten around the head a bit during the scourging, perhaps suffering a broken nose in the process? The nose imprinted on the shroud looks pretty straight to me. Please address this issue of not seeing any bodily injuries. "

You too have pulled a Baptist and refused to watch the video, If you had, you would know:
    (1) that much of what is of probative value is only visible through high-powered NASA equipment;
    (2) that examination by secular forensic experts has demonstrated that the Shroud was wrapped around a crucified man whose blood spatter and other bodily fluid patterns fit that diagnosis perfectly. And how would a Medieval forger gain access to an authentic ancient Roman flagrum used to beat Jesus and leave an accurate pattern to be expected from such abuse?

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Even if someone came back from the dead, they would still not believe Him"
    Problem is sin nature, not lack of evidence!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are the scriptures by themselves a sound and trustworthy testimony to jesus and the resurrection? If not, NOTHING else has been given to us by God to teach others concerning jesus Christ!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would God have the false church of rome be the guardian of such a treasure, if it were true?

18. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But people come to faith through the evidence of ADCs and NDEs which seem to have been very rare in Jesus' day. That is why I started a thread on ADCs and NDEs because these experiences provide evidence that is more compelling to the unchurched than the biblical witness to Jesus' resurrection.

19. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apparently neither you nor Baptists site members think so. You all have frozen like Bambi in the headlights at the apparent inconsistencies listed my new thread on the Gospel resurrection narrative; and all I asked for was a Baptist report of a detailed sequence of events during the period of Christ's appearances. Sigh! Well not to worry! I'll wait a few days and offer my view of this sequence.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think the Holy Spirit needs anyhting other than the scriptures to use to save lost sinners?