1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New FB scam/malware WARNING>>>>>>

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Aug 6, 2017.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone be aware, this morning I received a message in my SPAM, where I have everything coming to me sent, and it was from FB. It stated that I had an important message waiting for me from the Facebook Administration.

Naturally, I opened it, and it unleashed a big, bad malware. My software caught, but I still spent an hour cleaning all three of my computers in order to remove its UGLY presence!

After I rebuked the bug, and my security software advised me the PC was clean, I went back and opened the letter to find that the sender was not Facebook! Usually I check out the sender, but this looked so official, I skipped that step, and it was one of those bugs that tried to make me call a number to have them remove the bug. Another one of those scams!

My FIxMeStix does remove things like that, and cleans my PC. HOWEVER, I am sending this warning out so no one I know falls for this latest scam!