1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New IFB Church Movement

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by IfbReformer, Mar 24, 2003.

1. superdave

superdave New Member

Yep Ben,
    I am very happy there, it is a great place with tons of opportunity for ministry and support for my family. I would have probably avoided the church given the reputation I had heard from some in our area, but I visited there, and actually attended for a few months before joining, and found it to be refreshing, a real break from the traditional IFB stereotype, yet, not out of control, and still traditional in many ways. They use a very sound philosophy based on scripture, and in areas where there is little guidance from scrupture, they use a more pragmatic approach "What helps us accomplish our mission, and still falls in line with the principles of scripture?"

Basically they teach the Bible, and let that along with the Holy Spirit do the work, its a very effective method for removing carnality, and yet, it doesn't track well with the traditional rules and regulations that I have been used to.

[​IMG]